Scorpions, T-Rex and Puig Oh My!

tweak89

Reaction score
Visit site
Almost done with the mods to my new FZ. Installed the Scorpions, frame sliders and windscreen yesterday.

I knew what to expect with the Scorps since I had those on my '05 FZ. I do, however, love the new tips. Much better looking than the old style.

The windscreen made a nice difference. I had a Puig on my old FZ, but it was mostly for looks as it didn't make a big difference. I think the re-design of the newer FZ cowels also helps. I am 5'-7" and got a little buffeting from the stocker, but it is considerably less with the new Puig (racing screen, not touring).

The T-Rex frame sliders were on in less than 5 minutes.

My lower cowel, shorty levers and fender eliminator should be here and on by next weekend.

DSC07498.jpg

DSC07492.jpg

DSC07493.jpg

DSC07494.jpg

tweak89

Reaction score
Visit site
I pulled the metal "stickers" off and placed them where you can actually see them. We'll see if they stay on. Don't know what type of adhesive they used but they came off fairly easily and left seemingly enough adhesive to stick where I put'em.

ranieri

Reaction score
Visit site
I pulled the metal "stickers" off and placed them where you can actually see them. We'll see if they stay on. Don't know what type of adhesive they used but they came off fairly easily and left seemingly enough adhesive to stick where I put'em.

Yeah they should stay on for a while,if not buy some on e-bay or leave them without.
Those are really nice cans,makes me wish I bought the carbon.

tweak89

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah they should stay on for a while,if not buy some on e-bay or leave them without.
Those are really nice cans,makes me wish I bought the carbon.

I almost went with the Aluminum Two Bros., but when I saw the re-designed Scorpion cans I jumped on them. For less than the cost of the Aluminum Two Bros. cans I was able to get the Scorps in carbon fiber!