Scorpion pipe, should i re-pack them???

wayneborn1976

Reaction score
Visit site
hi, does anyone know if you can or should re-pack scorpion oval cans? i have had them on my bike since i brought the bike in 2005, they sound good still at idle, but once i get the revs up to me they sound tinny, not sure if it is just my ears or not. maybe they need re-packing, i used to re-pack my dirt bike pipe pretty much after every race season, whats your thoughts, should i do the same? has anyone had this issue with scorpion pipes?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the same oval SS cans on mine. Being their pop riveted at the end, I don't think their designed to be re-packed however I could be wrong. I've never repacked mine but their approx 1.5 years old. With the large opening, I somewhat doubt they need re-packing, (IMHO)...

I'd suggest contacting the company themselves and asking:

Scorpion Exhausts

Please post what they have to say...

Update, I just e-mailed them as well....

Last edited:

wayneborn1976

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks heaps for that Scott, i also sent an email off to scorpion in the UK regarding these but waiting on a reply. The cans i have are the earlier model ones with the end pipes sticking out the back, they should be the same though.
thanks again.:thumbup:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks heaps for that Scott, i also sent an email off to scorpion in the UK regarding these but waiting on a reply. The cans i have are the earlier model ones with the end pipes sticking out the back, they should be the same though.
thanks again.:thumbup:

Your welcome, no problem. Please post what results you get with the earlier model (I prefer and asked for what you have when I ordered mine)...

wayneborn1976

Reaction score
Visit site
just got the reply, no scorpion pipes should ever need re-packing in their lifetime, Scorpion in the UK guarantee this. this is good to know i am considering changing my enduro bike to one of these pipes....:thumbup:

Jacobien

Reaction score
Visit site
Err...not what I've heard from other manufacturers. I take that it is true for Scorp but not for all the others. Every other exhaust I know (aftermarket) requires re-packing.

Even my Leo's require pakcing and they are riveted. So, that makes Scorpions very special. Wonder what they have inside? Since normal glass wool packing fades after 20k.

Anyway, if the manufacturer said so, it is the TRUTH. Gonna sell my Leo's now...

Peace