Scorpion Exo: 700 Vs. 1000??

Darken Dioxen

Reaction score
Visit site
I have had some Crappy helmets, and a couple High end race replicas (Arai's if Memory serves) (Borrowed for a season I can't afford that crap!)

The EXO1000 I find VERY comfortable, I too don't feel air flow, but even in 90 plus days never got a hot sweaty head. It is a little loud, and the shell is large...I read they use different pads for the Med then the large, but the same shell. Even so the Aero seems pretty good I don't get the neck snap as winds buffet my noggin, and most importantly the helmet is easy to forget you are wearing it.

I like having the drop down Visor, saved my Crow's feet a couple of times riding home at Dusk.

Only Complaint I have ti the Cheek inflators are pretty much worthless for me, I must have fat cheeks and a pointy head because I find it very tight in the cheeks.

AND the price was great got it off Ebay for Just over $100.00!

bobvilla

Reaction score
Visit site
If you want to know if the vents are getting air through...just wait till its 30 F outside... trust me the air is moving even if u can't feel it... I quickly figured out that they were open n closed them... now I check the vents every ride before I start :BLAA:

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
If you want to know if the vents are getting air through...just wait till its 30 F outside... trust me the air is moving even if u can't feel it... I quickly figured out that they were open n closed them... now I check the vents every ride before I start :BLAA:

I figured that out on my current Vega lol...was like, eh not a tremendous amount of air flow (mind you i'm used to dirtbike helmets) then on a cold damp 40 degree day i was like- oh dang it's flowin' now! and closed em all up real quick lol

C

CoolATIGuy

Here is what was left of my first 700. Head and shoulder hit the ground first doing about 50-55mph. Ripped the faceshield off and the front vents.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ATGATT - imagine is your head looked like that...nasty...

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I replaced my trusty old RF1000 with an EXO1000 at the beginning of this riding season. I usually wear a Large, but find the Scorpion Large to be closer to a Medium.
Things I like:-
-drop down visor...it takes a bit of getting used to at first as it doesn't seem to come down far enough, and the radical bottom profile with the nose cut-out catches your eye. After a few rides, you just don't notice either of these issues anymore.
-Peripheral vision is very good
-Wind buffeting "at speed" is less than an RF1000; also, when turning my head with the EXO1000, the wind doesn't try to rip my head off as it did with the RF1000.
-Air flow is minimal under 60kph, but is fine above that. Visor fogging seems to be less than the RF1000.
-Quieter at speed than an RF1000.

Things I don't like:-
-The air vents are too easily closed unintentionally, particularly the chin vent and upper 'rocker' vents. The upper 'rocker' vents are almost impossible to find to open and close while riding.
-the chin strap is thinner material than an RF1000's, and is easily twisted when fastening. Not a big deal, but I never had that issue with any other helmet.
-The main visor is a complete PITA to take off and replace....not as easy as Scorpion would have you believe.
-The drop-down sunvisor that comes with the EXO1000 is light smoke...not very effective when riding directly into the sun. Dark smoke is available and I would recommend installing one asap. Much better and they cost less than $20.

All in all, a nice helmet.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
I replaced my trusty old RF1000 with an EXO1000 at the beginning of this riding season. I usually wear a Large, but find the Scorpion Large to be closer to a Medium.
Things I like:-
-drop down visor...it takes a bit of getting used to at first as it doesn't seem to come down far enough, and the radical bottom profile with the nose cut-out catches your eye. After a few rides, you just don't notice either of these issues anymore.
-Peripheral vision is very good
-Wind buffeting "at speed" is less than an RF1000; also, when turning my head with the EXO1000, the wind doesn't try to rip my head off as it did with the RF1000.
-Air flow is minimal under 60kph, but is fine above that. Visor fogging seems to be less than the RF1000.
-Quieter at speed than an RF1000.

Things I don't like:-
-The air vents are too easily closed unintentionally, particularly the chin vent and upper 'rocker' vents. The upper 'rocker' vents are almost impossible to find to open and close while riding.
-the chin strap is thinner material than an RF1000's, and is easily twisted when fastening. Not a big deal, but I never had that issue with any other helmet.
-The main visor is a complete PITA to take off and replace....not as easy as Scorpion would have you believe.
-The drop-down sunvisor that comes with the EXO1000 is light smoke...not very effective when riding directly into the sun. Dark smoke is available and I would recommend installing one asap. Much better and they cost less than $20.

All in all, a nice helmet.

Aye, i know what you mean about the sun visor, my current vega has one, took getting used to because of the shape and you can see past it with peripheral vision, and i'm fairly sure the one on my vega is light smoke too, which works, until your looking straight into the sun like you said.

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
This is what's left of my EXO 1000 after normal wear and tear. Never crashed in it and I always took good care of it. I wore it one afternoon, not particularly hot but the sun was shining. When I took it off my head the left side molding peeled off from the breath guard all the way around to the back. As far as I can tell the glue holding it together just melted.

The bells and whistles are nice. I liked the flipdown sunglasses and used it often. But all the things that make it "nice" also make it heavy and loud. The wind passing over all the vents make it very "un-aerodynamic". It's kind of bulky going through the air if that makes any sense.

bdd36120.jpg

Last edited: