Scorpion EXO-1000 on Sale

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow for that price, i'm considering it, even though i'm happy with my HJC lol... anybody own one? Hows the Ventilation? internal sunshield any good?

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow for that price, i'm considering it, even though i'm happy with my HJC lol... anybody own one? Hows the Ventilation? internal sunshield any good?

I'm not a fan of the ventilation, it's not terrible, but it's not great. When it gets hot & humid, I usually ride with shades, and keep the shield up until about 70+ anyway.

I really liked the idea of the flipdown shade, but in practice, it doesn't do much for me. It doesn't get close enough to my nose, and I find even the dark smoke shade i put in isn't very dark. So I still wear my sunglasses, and I typically only use the flipdown if I'm riding into the sun in the morning or evening. It also gets a ton of dust on it if you don't use it much.

Still hard to beat for the price, I paid $160 a year ago. $125 is good, but not much of a closeout on a slow-moving helmet, IMO.

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
I just picked this helmet up about a month ago and kind of feel the same as the post abouve when it comes to the sunshield, everything else....I love the fit and don't have any expirience with it in temp about 70 degrees

mikexup

Reaction score
Visit site
Just bought this helmet last week for 159.00, but it was free shipping don't know about this site. The helmet got a lousy review from webmotorcycle, but the helmet is definitely high quality compared to others I checked out at the price. It flows no air even with all the vents opened up, but you can open and lock the shield a quarter inch and flow air that way. The helmet is heavy but tolerable with the type of seating position the FZ6.

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm coming up on my third riding season with the helmet and there's a couple of point I'd like to make.

I agree with the comments about the inner shield not being dark enough. I replaced it with the dark smoke and while it helped, it still wasn't dark enough. I switched to a mirrored and tinted front and that did the trick for me.

The airflow is not the best, but as mikexup pointed out, you can vent the front shield about 1/4 inch. That helps a great deal. Make sure all your other vents are open.

And if the airflow still is not very good, maybe you're not going fast enough! :BLAA:

Okay, just kidding, make sure you ride safe!

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Crap.
I've been using this lid since '08, and wanted to jump on this deal.
But, in the colors I'd want, no "XXXL".
:(

No comments from the peanut gallery, mm'kay? :Flip: