scorpion exhaust installation wrong?

Dannyrose1

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys it wont let me upload a picture but ill try my best to describe it
Scorpion stainless steel round exhausts fitted, all went to plan but there is a big gap
Between the brake light and the plastics below has to be stretched big time to slot into the license plate bracket? Have i put something on wrong or upside down?

EDIT : So the exhausts are fitted after a lot of tightening and loosening and adjusting its on but im not very happy with the way it sits
after looking at countless pictures on google no ones round or oval scorps sit like this they are flush and not very big gaps etc.
here are some pictures so hopefully you can see what i mean. i think there is a fault somewhere in the manufacturing process

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I think mine are oval but should look like this:

I didn't have to mod anything to make the stock fender fit, just some re-routing of the rear lights.

If you have a picture of the bike loaded on your computer, when posting here, click below on "go advanced". Once there, you have to go to your pictures (probably under my documents), find the pic and click ok. You'll then upload the picture and it'll show on your post...

If you can post that, it'd help...

Last edited:

Dannyrose1

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes pal see you gal is standard as it should be mine are "round" scorps
Ill have a play about with everything tomorrow see if i can get it where i want it to be,
You know the cans and the frame are yours very very close if not touching?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes pal see you gal is standard as it should be mine are "round" scorps
Ill have a play about with everything tomorrow see if i can get it where i want it to be,
You know the cans and the frame are yours very very close if not touching?

Yes, there's some wiggle room with all the parts, so yes, definitly loosen and try moving the pipes some. I haven't read of anyone having to cut any plastic with the round pipes, I didn't with the ovals.

Re the spacing, there's some space there, never had an issue with heat( in SW Florida), No signs of melting, etc. The pipes don't get terribly hot as the clamp to hold the muffle has a rubber insert that doesn't melt... Especially as these pipes are considerably cooler than the "stock heat sink".

You DO get air inbetween the two mufflers as well keeping them cooler. I can put my bike cover on immediatly without melting it. My pillion also noted the seat not as warm either.

IMO, worse case scenerio, get the pipes in the best spot you can, then trim the end black plastic (a band saw with a fine tooth steel blade would work very well). A dremel tool, working slow would also work.

I'd put masking tape on the plastic end, mark approx what needs to go away, then trace a round pattern (with the use of a cup or something small and round) for a nice even pattern. You can finish up with a fine file.

That end cover should be pretty cheap even if it gets screwed up..

Good luck and please post your fix..