scorpion carbon fiber exhausts

aceman1741

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know where I can find scorpion carbon fiber exhausts for my 06 fz6 that are in stock and a good price. Everyone i have called is backordered

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm glad I didnt wait...they've been on backorder since I tried to buy some back in early March. Good luck, may want to try Ebay if your dead set on Carbon Scorpions.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
does anyone know what the differance is between the carbon fiber, titanium and stainless steel cans?

i honestly think that it is just the material it is made out of, the Scorpion CF cans look a little shorter than the stainless, but i think it is more for looks than anything.

Why not go with :
eBay Motors: 04-08 Yamaha FZ6 M4 slip-on exhaust ss/carbon fiber pr (item 350057388584 end time Jun-05-08 11:37:44 PDT)

they look and sound (on youtube at least) Amazing.

aceman1741

Reaction score
Visit site
I read some threads about the m4's and the two brothers how loud they were and how you have to repack them after so many hours. I'm not so sure about that but I do know that the scorpions aren't as loud and they are generally accepted by most I've read about. My initial thought was to by a two brothers then changed my mind to the m4 and now I'm looking at the scorpions, possibly the titanium. I don't know-I'm confuced but definitely want something

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
does anyone know what the differance is between the carbon fiber, titanium and stainless steel cans?

All I know that it's not reccomended to purchase carbon fiber exhuasts if you live in a climate that sees a lot of sunshine. I've mentioned this in another thread, the resin that are used to make the pipes eventually fade over time due to being exposed to the direct sunlight. The acceleration of the fading depends on the quality of resin used, and the amount of direct sunlight the pipes receive. They eventually turn to a yellowish color. So if you ride to work and park in a parking lot that not's covered, not good.
This is what I've been told by the pipes manufacturer. If you really want to know, I guess you can ask CHEMIKER, he's probably the best person to ask being that this question might be in his professional field.

aceman1741

Reaction score
Visit site
yah, I just read the thread on the carbon fiber so now my choice is narrowed down to the stainless or titanium. Anybody willing to help me decide?

Bullwinkle

Reaction score
Visit site
Just installed the stainless today and was thinking I should have gotten the titanium set instead. There are no other polished or chrome parts and they just look a little out of place. However I really like the way they sound.

Bullwinkle