Scorpio i900 install

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the perimeter sensor anteena under the seat, mounted against the plastic hump that fits over the exhaust...very simple, just used a bit of velcro to secure, and the perimeter sensor is working perfectly on the factory setting...will post a picture a bit later when i have a moment.

:thumbup:

Manijoe

Reaction score
Visit site
worthless%20thread%20without%20pics.gif

Sorry... could help myself
:spank: -> Me

Good news though (at least for me); customer service was nice and I should receive the charger tomorrow (only took 5 days :rolleyes:)

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
They work okay. I'm just not a fan of them because a solder joint and shrink wrap is superior. for demonstration purposes I just applied that t-tap to a piece of scrap wire and then opened it back up to show you how it works. When you press it closed the tap actually cuts the insulation around the wire and makes contact with the wire. There's really nothing to weatherproof it and being in a moist enviroment the wire can corrode and degrade the connection. I've had issues with them in the past and had to redo them with solder so I just skip them all together now and go straight for the solder. If you're afraid of solder or lazy you can get by with them. so here's a close up of the opened connector

hopefully that clears that up.

I have always gone for the soldering as well, - but reading this I realised that I have newer actually given these "Power Stealer's" a go, - I figured I'd make it a small experiment.

I have now installed the SR-i900 harness WITH these, - and finished them up with some black isolating tape.
I will check on them every 3 months or so to see if I'm just a stubborn old fool or they are actually an option .....
I'll report when the first check up is done (around may or so).

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have always gone for the soldering as well, - but reading this I realised that I have newer actually given these "Power Stealer's" a go, - I figured I'd make it a small experiment.

I have now installed the SR-i900 harness WITH these, - and finished them up with some black isolating tape.
I will check on them every 3 months or so to see if I'm just a stubborn old fool or they are actually an option .....
I'll report when the first check up is done (around may or so).

You'll probably be just fine since you wrapped them in tape. I just recalled another reason I don't care for them too much. They take up more room than a soldered joint.

but compared to the cold solder joints I had thanks to a bad soldering iron and the wrong solder... your connections may last longer than mine ;)

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
You'll probably be just fine since you wrapped them in tape. I just recalled another reason I don't care for them too much. They take up more room than a soldered joint.

but compared to the cold solder joints I had thanks to a bad soldering iron and the wrong solder... your connections may last longer than mine ;)

You are right on with the size thing, - took me some TLC to actually make the 4 connectors fit under the side panel ...; but there's JUST enough room :)

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks that's a great documentation for the install. I have one and am just waiting to install it. I'm sure this will be very helpfull. :thumbup::thumbup:

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very helpful notjohndavid, thanks a lot!!
But where did the pics go??????

thanks for pointing this out ALEJOYAMAHA. The website gallery changed. This is where the images were stored. So they disappeared.

I resolved it by just moving the images to a site that shouldn't change.

I didn't test all the links but if anyone finds a broken one please let me know and i'll fix it.

eaglmt8

Reaction score
Visit site
Great write up! I used this to install the i800 system from scorpio and it was very helpful! The only problem I ran into was with the installation of the ignition disable. My instructions did not say that it was possible for me to wire that device in line with the fuel pump. So what I did was wire it in line with the ignition fuse (Located under the right hand rear panel) and it seems to work great! Thanks again!:thumbup:

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Great write up! I used this to install the i800 system from scorpio and it was very helpful! The only problem I ran into was with the installation of the ignition disable. My instructions did not say that it was possible for me to wire that device in line with the fuel pump. So what I did was wire it in line with the ignition fuse (Located under the right hand rear panel) and it seems to work great! Thanks again!:thumbup:

Can you please post a picture of which wire you're talking about, If still available.
Thanks.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys, this post is from 2009 and it is still worth it, as nothing got changed :).
Even the guy from Scorpio is using this link. Wonderful job [MENTION=5771]notjohndavid[/MENTION].
Okay, I'll upload the pics after i go home this evening.
I chose to connect the 4 wires(Ground-black~black, Tail-Orange~Blue, signals~the other two) near the front signal relay using the T-Tap clamps.
Luckily, I had the R-6 harness and took few mins to understand how to do it(1 hr) and 2 hrs to finish it up. Ran the connected wires under the front of the frame, above the battery, to the bottom-right-back of the tank, I had enough space to put the brain(MCM) and the Ignition Kill side by side(maybe i'll use 2-sided tape here, but don't need though), will bring the tilt/perimiter/proximity sensor to the center near the brain and put them in a polythene bag. I asked the CSR guy what sensor/wire shouldn't be near metal/MCM-9, once I get reply from him, I'll clean/tidy-up the stuff and take fresh pics.
I bought it 2nd-hand(never installed or used) from mxgolf from this forum, Its a 2009 device and it took enough charge for the back-up battery and I hear 3 chirps and the device works very well.
Good for me, i didn't cut/solder any wires, but took some time to figure out where to put what.

Now I have to figure out how to install the Ignition kill sensor.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
An easy spot to interrupt with your module would be the fuel pump. Red with blue tracer wire to your fuel pump. You would break this wire and it will have to get current passed through the module. When the i900 is armed the module will not let the fuel pump run. :)

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
An easy spot to interrupt with your module would be the fuel pump. Red with blue tracer wire to your fuel pump. You would break this wire and it will have to get current passed through the module. When the i900 is armed the module will not let the fuel pump run. :)

Yup, Planning to tap using the T-Tap clips and the red ones on the right side from this image and add some electrical tape. but my confusion is, the ignition kill device has two small wires, So If one is for Red with Blue tracer, what should be the other one for?

From what i read here:
ridescorpio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/SR-i900-Installation-User-Manual.pdf
page 4 and 22 for Ignition Disable. It asked to connect to Fuel Pump and Fuel Injection, at the fuse box.
I see the fuse box is inbetween airbox and battery.

http://www.bluenotblue.com/scorpio2/2264.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, Planning to tap using the T-Tap clips and the red ones on the right side from this image and add some electrical tape. but my confusion is, the ignition kill device has two small wires, So If one is for Red with Blue tracer, what should be the other one for?

From what i read here:
ridescorpio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/SR-i900-Installation-User-Manual.pdf
page 4 and 22 for Ignition Disable. It asked to connect to Fuel Pump and Fuel Injection, at the fuse box.
I see the fuse box is inbetween airbox and battery.

http://www.bluenotblue.com/scorpio2/2264.jpg

You will break the red with blue tracer wire (fuel pump) (Now you have 2 red with blue tracer wires). One red with blue tracer end will go to the one wire on the interrupt module (RID5) and the other red with blue tracer wire will go to the the other remaining wire in the RID5. When the i900 is armed the RID5 ignition module won't let current flow to the fuel pump. When the i900 is disarmed the RID5 connects the 2 red with blue wires through the module and allows current to flow to the fuel pump. Most people I know that have the i900 think it's the best aftermarket MC anti-theft device on the market.
I haven't seen one better except the GPS with a Marine attached to it.

Story: A friend (ex-Marine) had the GPS on his bike (R1) when it was stolen by some guys that thought they were bad-ass. I don't think any one got any serious injuries but there was a little schooling from some team! :eek: Lol!

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Here are some pics for the turn signals tapping of wires.
The right side blinker doesn't work, I guess I need to remove the T-tap and reconnect and make sure, the clip that actually cuts the wire and touch the copper inside the wire.

I have the MCM under the tank (make sure you wrap it in a plastic bag, these devices/components aren't splashproof either) and other devices under the seat and the antenna wire on the right side, under the seat, outside, hanging above the exhaust.

Note: pics have to be rotated 90deg anti-clockwise.

Last edited:

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys, I've used my Scorpio i900R alarm system to do some load test on my stock battery (I guess; I can recheck when I remove the tank up next time!)
YouTube
Got pretty good results though. I kind of ride daily (atleast 5 times a week), So, I don not maintain on a battery tender or a charger for now.