scorpio alarm system for sale?

Skote

Reaction score
Visit site
my 2007 fz6 came with a scorpio ir900 on it and i am not really that interested in keeping it on....if i feel like uninstalling it would anyone be interested? and ideas on what its worth?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
my 2007 fz6 came with a scorpio ir900 on it and i am not really that interested in keeping it on....if i feel like uninstalling it would anyone be interested? and ideas on what its worth?

That's the unit with a remote correct? Does it have an interrupt so the bike can't be started? If it does you must reattach where ever the interrupt was created ans include the interrupt module with the unit.

I believe that was a higher priced unit at one time but the remotes are pricey to replace and have a limited Lith-ion battery that needs replacing every so often or you'll end up stranded if the the RF ID can't communicate.

Definitely one of the better units on the market and were originally in the high +$300 price range at one time.

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Haha, I love the proximity sensor on mine. Love watching people from a distance walk up to look at the FZ6, only to hurriedly scramble away after it beeps at them. :rof:

You sure you don't want to keep it? The pager function is great, lets you know if someone is mucking with your baby.

ctrigga

Reaction score
Visit site
I have one on mine, got it for like 320, so far all it has done is give me false alarms, and now I even have it on the second lowest setting, So I know it works but I have grown..complacent? in the process of it and now just hurriedly rush to turn it off hoping whoever was gonna try and mess with it scampered off rather then grabbing a bat and going to the parkin garage lol

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I had one on my FJR.

You could disable the perimeter alarm (if its too sensative, in a motel parking lot) and set it for different levels of movement.

It did have the ignition interupt but I did not hook that up...

It also had a back up battery in it but didn't draw much voltage to keep charged.. Between the Steble air horn and lights going on/off with an activation, it worked well. The remote was a bit complicated for my taste...