SaS-Tec New Armor

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was down at the BMW dealer picking up my Rev'IT Rotor pants today. While I was there the salesman asked if I wanted to upgrade the back protector in my Rev'IT Air jacket. The OEM BP is foam; it's only purpose it to keep the jacket flapping around. Being an ATGATT guy (well most of the time, don't ask Fred about our trip to Leakey and my trip to the grocery store) I'm always looking for better protection. He went to the back of the shop and came out with a SaS-Tec BP.

SaS-Tec is an active armor. It is soft and pliable but when it takes a blow and immediately hardens to dissipate the force. The cool thing is there are no sharp edges to cut you if you crash.

This stuff is wild. I'd heard of the Army working on a similar type of idea for body armor.

The cost is very reasonable, $34.95 for the BP. They make hip protectors too, that is on my shopping list for next month.

Sas-Tec Protektoren | Sicherheit aus Schaum - Home

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, Hellgate! I've been looking for other options to my on-the-body back protector (re: one that installs in my jackets), and this looks like a good solution. I'll have to check them out.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was down at the BMW dealer picking up my Rev'IT Rotor pants today. While I was there the salesman asked if I wanted to upgrade the back protector in my Rev'IT Air jacket. The OEM BP is foam; it's only purpose it to keep the jacket flapping around. Being an ATGATT guy (well most of the time, don't ask Fred about our trip to Leakey and my trip to the grocery store) I'm always looking for better protection. He went to the back of the shop and came out with a SaS-Tec BP.

SaS-Tec is an active armor. It is soft and pliable but when it takes a blow and immediately hardens to dissipate the force. The cool thing is there are no sharp edges to cut you if you crash.

This stuff is wild. I'd heard of the Army working on a similar type of idea for body armor.

The cost is very reasonable, $34.95 for the BP. They make hip protectors too, that is on my shopping list for next month.

Sas-Tec Protektoren | Sicherheit aus Schaum - Home

Thanks Pete!

That stuff is amazing! I read about it last year and considering it's new technology I thought it would be really pricey but it's very reasonable especially when considering protecting your vertebrae. It's like that stuff is alive! Here's an additional link from a video at revzilla http://www.revzilla.com/product/revit-sas-tec-back-protector#videos_tab

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Keep in mind that this particular BP is not for the track. This a very good option for the street that is a zillion times better than foam.

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the Info. I've heard of that armor I think they call it Dragon Skin. I've been thinking about upgrading my riding equipment.