Sas-tec armour

mongol777

Reaction score
Visit site
So I am big fan of old school jackets. While I have couple of jackets which I bought brand new when I started riding (3/4 all weather bmw and short racy Spidi) I was always on look out for simple style older fieldsheer or firstgear.
So my wish came through and I picked a couple of old jackets in great condtion. However armor was old and I did not feel safe wearing them as is.
So I ordered this sas-tec kit from draggin jeans - Shirt Armor Kit 2 with Back Armor
They also have leather jacket kit - not sure what the difference is.
Finally it arrived and I replaced old armor in one of the jackets.
Boy oh boy, is it comfy. It is stiff when you put the jacket on but in seconds it conforms to your body and you don't even notice it.
I hope to never crash test it.
Here is the link for those who are not familiar with sas-tec - review and video from revzilla:
SAS-TEC Back Protector - RevZilla

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
I have SasTec armor in my Scorpion Deuce pants. It is very thin and comfortable, but I don't think it would protect as much as a thicker CE piece of armor with a hard outer shell. I know that I did the hammer test on my knee and while it did absorb a lot of the impact, I still felt the blow pretty directly.

mongol777

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine has same certifications printed on it as armor in high end spidi and bmw jackets. I think it offers the highest CE rating available in protective armor according to specs in online stores and various descriptions on revit, scorpion, etc manufacturers.
I can't find the link but there was a test done which measured how much of impact force was passed onto the rider and I believe sas-tec and forcefield (?) passed on the least amount, absorbing the impact.

Great idea to try with hammer though I do not think I have any armor through which I would not feel pain caused by hammer blow.

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine has same certifications printed on it as armor in high end spidi and bmw jackets. I think it offers the highest CE rating available in protective armor according to specs in online stores and various descriptions on revit, scorpion, etc manufacturers.
I can't find the link but there was a test done which measured how much of impact force was passed onto the rider and I believe sas-tec and forcefield (?) passed on the least amount, absorbing the impact.

Great idea to try with hammer though I do not think I have any armor through which I would not feel pain caused by hammer blow.

I suppose that the tests do not lie and maybe I am just a little paranoid by the thickness of the armor. The material seems very high tech and energy absorbing. Like you, I hope I never get to test it, but I am confident it would provide ample protection if I did kiss the pavement.

mongol777

Reaction score
Visit site
It'sgood to be paranoid! Friend of mine crashed wearing high end armor (not once - twice). First time it was knox and second time it was dainese.
Both were hard back protectors - the plastic split and cut/pierce him pretty bad. So that ruled out hard protection for me.
So sastec kind of looks like best of both world. I remember there was discovery channel show several years back when they talked about similar to sastec military armor (may be it was sastec - i don't remember) to be used in boot soles for techs delaing with explosives. Idea is to have soft comfortable sole which will become hard on impact from explosive and wil absorb most of the explosion energy.

perhaps someone has a link/remembers this episode?