San Diego ride - Sat. June 8th

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Fun ride with lots of rolling road blocks:spank:
Did have a few sections with not much traffic, even followed a cage up 243 who actually knew how to drive and the little kid in the back seat waving at me was fun:D
See the 3 wise ones--
P10206431024x768.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Bikes waiting for Sage Rd fun--
P10206441024x768.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Idyllwild--
P10206451024x768.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Had a very tasty lunch at the Gastrognome or the Genome as Goop called it:BLAA:

Jerry

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like you guys had a perfect day for riding. Good friends, good weather, good roads, everyone home safely=Good Day! :rockon:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome day, lots of traffic but we took it in stride. Had to stop for ice cream at the Idyllwild Chevron! The new asphalt on the roads was really nice. They ironed out a lot of crappy ruts and made it really smooth!

icecream.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the picture Jerry! Great day and you know that feeling at the end of a day of long riding and your tired and done with riding but it was so great that you say to your self you wanna go right back out again? Well I have that tonight! :rockon: I ate, rehydrated and I'm ready to go! :p

I have some video I have to go through.....

Great riding friends! :rockon:

Sorry you couldn't come Galvetron and Sun Diego FZ6 but get ready for Hoonapalooza on the 22nd!
:BLAA:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the picture Jerry! Great day and you know that feeling at the end of a day of long riding and your tired and done with riding but it was so great that you say to your self you wanna go right back out again? Well I have that tonight! :rockon: I ate, rehydrated and I'm ready to go! :p

I totally would have road Montezuma when we went past San Felipe Rd. on the way home!!! :BLAA:

sandctrev

Reaction score
Visit site
My name is Spencer, and I am a rideahaulick. I've been chasing the ride ever since I got my bike. Rides like this only get me hooked more.

Nice pics. I would happily hit up that rd again. I forgot to tell you guys about my pucker moment with a squirrel. Ill save that for the 22.

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
My name is Spencer, and I am a rideahaulick. I've been chasing the ride ever since I got my bike. Rides like this only get me hooked more.

Nice pics. I would happily hit up that rd again. I forgot to tell you guys about my pucker moment with a squirrel. Ill save that for the 22.

That must have been the same suicidal squirrel that tried to get me too:BLAA:

Jerry

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

I think I saw you trying to wave the critter off! LOL! I was wondering what you were doing Hahaha :rof: I saw it bail left sid of the road...:)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Finally got a little video from last Saturdays ride. :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bfSpjzQ1fc&hd=1"]Idyllwild ride June 8, 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool video and the rear facing mount was a lot steadier :thumbup:

Jerry

I just took that longer extension off but there's not much I could do on that tar snake area unless I soften my suspension. The 22nd will be a lot of fun! :)

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Finally got a little video from last Saturdays ride. :)

Awesome video, Cliff!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Man those tar snakes were plentiful!! What gives? Do those roads every freeze and do they get salted?

The part where you follow Jerry to Hemet.. that road was stunning!! I would SO love to ride that .. I wanna quit my job and ride out there!! :rof: (stupid mortgages :( )

P.S. if you want people to be taking directly to the highest quality version of the video, add this to the end of your link: &hd=1

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome video, Cliff!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Man those tar snakes were plentiful!! What gives? Do those roads every freeze and do they get salted?

The part where you follow Jerry to Hemet.. that road was stunning!! I would SO love to ride that .. I wanna quit my job and ride out there!! :rof: (stupid mortgages :( )

I would probably edit out the "crossing double yellow" parts, just in case. (paranoid)

P.S. if you want people to be taking directly to the highest quality version of the video, add this to the end of your link: &hd=1

I tried entering the &hd=1 code and it didn't work.
Some of these roads do get snow and do freeze in the winter. Some areas of the road have been repaved and are really nice now but others are neglected. Elevation in these areas can change pretty quickly. You can go from low desert to 6000 feet in just a few miles. You can be at higher elevations where it's been graveled because of snow and ice. So as you climb temps and road conditions can change pretty quickly, especially in winter. Mountain roads require additional respect. :)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Heh! You can see the Sena battery pack reflecting on the back of my helmet. :)

I know they said it had a reflective finish and I was thinking it was a little weak, but now that I've seen this! :D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Video is edited and back up..:rolleyes:
You can watch it in 720p but it doesn't automatically go to 720p you have to choose it.:)
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bfSpjzQ1fc]Idyllwild ride June 8, 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: