San Diego ride - Sat. June 8th

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How 'bout it So Cal Hoons? I'm ready to scrub in some new rubber and the weather should be perfect! Chime in and we'll solidify a route & meet up. :rockon:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay!

Goop-Speeding Triple
sandctrev-FZ6
Motogiro-SV1000s

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yay! Update!

Goop-Speeding Triple
sandctrev-FZ6
Motogiro-SV1000s
Sun Diego FZ6-Daytona 675
Jblk9695 -Triumph Tiger
Galvetron-FZ6

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Does Idyllwild sound good? If not Montezuma and Sunrise Hwy?

I don't like Southgrade on the weekend anymore. Too much squidliness. We just had a death there a few weeks ago. A guy riding by himself crashed, was life flighted and shortly passed away at the hospital. Week days are great!

Last edited:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Youz guys aren't out warming up for the Hoonapalooza ride by any chance are you?..:spank:
I'm going to warm up with Mrs. Lefty's XT250 next week..:D

sandctrev

Reaction score
Visit site
Off topic... I purchased Yamalube performance semi-sun, four stroke SAE 20W-50. Plus oil filter. This is the first oil change that ive done myself so I want to make sure the fluids sound right to you guys.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Off topic... I purchased Yamalube performance semi-sun, four stroke SAE 20W-50. Plus oil filter. This is the first oil change that ive done myself so I want to make sure the fluids sound right to you guys.

Sounds fine. I ran 20w-50 in my FZ6 with no issues. Since we live in a mild climate, the weight is fine.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How about Idyllwild? :rockon: I haven't been up there in a while myself.

Meet up point would be the Mobil/Circle K at the 15 and 79 in Temecula? 9:00 AM?

What do you guys think?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
How about Idyllwild? :rockon: I haven't been up there in a while myself.

Meet up point would be the Mobil/Circle K at the 15 and 79 in Temecula? 9:00 AM?

What do you guys think?

I was thinking that if we did Idyllwild it might be cooler in the higher elevations and would hopefully be a little shorter for Jerry and Gelvatron.

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking that if we did Idyllwild it might be cooler in the higher elevations and would hopefully be a little shorter for Jerry and Gelvatron.

YESSUR lol short is nice my butt gets sore on that 400 mile mark man riding home alone in the setting sun last time on the backside of the 78 was not so fun, i have to admit riding with yall more fun than alone,

ortega highway 74 ?

Last edited:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well let's do the Idyllwild route, should be perfect weather.

For SD locals, where should we meet up? We have Sandctrev coming from Ramona and maybe Luis...what would be a good halfway point?

sandctrev

Reaction score
Visit site
Some where on the 15 a gas station after deer springs? Or cycle gear in escondido by north county yamaha? I can make it anywhere.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well let's do the Idyllwild route, should be perfect weather.

For SD locals, where should we meet up? We have Sandctrev coming from Ramona and maybe Luis...what would be a good halfway point?

Some where on the 15 a gas station after deer springs? Or cycle gear in escondido by north county yamaha? I can make it anywhere.

Galvetron can take 74 (Ortega Hwy) to the 15. Head south to 79 Temecula Parkway and go east to the little abandoned store at the beginning of Sage Rd. Jerry can also meet us at Sage Rd. Luis, Goop and I can meet at the Shell in Mira Mesa. The 3 of us can head toward Ramona and meet sandctrev in Ramona. The 4 of us head toward Santa Ysabel and stay on 79 through Warner Springs , Aguanga and meet Jerry and Galvetron at the beginning of Sage Rd. :) This will give us some nice turns and country instead of all that slabbing. :)