S1 Fz6 cluster inside electronics

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I had an S2 apart and pictures on here after a member sent it for repair. A combo of water damage and c0ckroach pooh! Server upgrade killed them so they are gone.

Thanks for sharing.
You are running an FZ1 gauage? Is that correct?

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
c0ckroach pooh :)

Yes i installed a Fz1 gauge, works nice. Still Abs light is on though.
I've been good with the round speedo in the past, but this one is much better.

A_02.jpg

Paulito

Reaction score
Visit site
Fazil, i have 2004 and bought a FZ1 speedometer.
My question is, witch cable for it a have to buy. from Fz6R or from fz6 2007 with dual lights.? or another one.thanks

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
You need a S2 headlight wiring harness. (+2007 year Fz6 with fairing) That's what i used.

But you can also buy a Fz1 or Fz6R wiring with the same speedo socket and use that socket with the existing headlight wiring. But in that way, you should make some cutting and soldering also.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
c0ckroach pooh :)

Yes i installed a Fz1 gauge, works nice. Still Abs light is on though.
I've been good with the round speedo in the past, but this one is much better.

View attachment 67408

See if you can find a wiring diagram for an ABS FZ1 and send it to me and we'll see what we can do about that abs light. :thumbup:

FWIW; the S2 gauge I had apart, I tried to remove the needle so the tach cover could be removed, it did not come off easily so I never had that off the PCBA. I did de-solder the LCD from the PCBA to clean and make repairs to the PCBA.
Point: you may be able to open your gauge and either cover the ABS led or de-solder it. It seemed like the light tube had a gap that you may be able to reach through.

Bit see if you can find schematic first.

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
FWIW; the S2 gauge I had apart, I tried to remove the needle so the tach cover could be removed, it did not come off easily so I never had that off the PCBA. I did de-solder the LCD from the PCBA to clean and make repairs to the PCBA.
Point: you may be able to open your gauge and either cover the ABS led or de-solder it. It seemed like the light tube had a gap that you may be able to reach through.

Or i can add complete ABS system Blah

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My question is, witch cable for it a have to buy. from Fz6R or from fz6 2007 with dual lights.?

Are you referring to dual low beam headlights? If so, that would be a completely DIFFERENT mod (the gauges
won't change the head light configuration).

The BD43 mod (do a search here), is generally the most popular and easiest.

You can do that mod with your stock gauges as well...

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Or i can add complete ABS system Blah

Looking at the FZ1-SA it shows the ABS ECU talks to the engine ECU and the LED #53 gets ground input signal from the meters logic. So, the 3 computers talk over a single wire and there is more to it (inside the meter) that they failed to show in logic path that controlls led #53 ABS warning light.

Meter ecu #46 can provide ground but as I stated they are not showing us all the logic in the meter. That said I would guess that when the meter doesn't get a valid input from the main ECU indicating the ABS is on line and error free it triggers the light.

What all did you try? You grounded it this pin (see attached). Drawing shows two forward biased diodes but I suspect the first is actually a transistor junction (which is also a diode) and there is somethimg more going on here that they didnt show us. Without knowing what they did I'm stuck.

ABS1.jpg

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't do anything about that. I left that light as is. But it disturbs with it's red bright shinig.
I can try to plug it ground wire or try to touch 12V + in that absent green wire pin, i don't know

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
To error on the safe side (those diodes conduct to the meters ecu) I would place a 1/4 watt 1 to 2 k ohm resistor in series with 12v supply.

For testing the wattage is not important but the way it **appears to be connected** supplying power only stands to light it vs extinguish it.

Opening the gauge and cutting the trace from gauges ecu to the ABS led is certainly an option!

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Can you confirm your harness is not supplying power (positive voltage or current) to the pin labeled G in the connector. If it is, that would explain why the LED is on.

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Can you confirm your harness is not supplying power (positive voltage or current) to the pin labeled G in the connector. If it is, that would explain why the LED is on.

It's empty without any pin.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
67437d1482251280-s1-fz6-cluster-inside-electronics-abs1-jpg

I snagged this (Not USA). Looking from the back it is reversed and some colors do not match.

67441d1482296131-s1-fz6-cluster-inside-electronics-20161220_202809-jpg

20161220_202809.jpg

Paulito

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks TownsendsFJR1300, no I will be a naked(not me).with a single headlight. I have a cable from Fz6r and cluster from FZ1 but doesn't work some light come on but nothing else.
I maybe buy a cable from FZ6 2007 like Fazil said ,or if can help me to use the FZ6r that I have ,I will be glad.

I don't know how to post pics, I have one from cable and gauge for comparison.

Last edited:

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Paullito, you can just cut the second headlight plug or cover it with tape and hide behind the headlight, if there's enough space. You don't need to buy any wire if you have Fz6R headlight wiring. You can use its speedo socket without cutting. Just take out all the pins that goes to speedo socket. Also take out the pins going to the original Fz6 speedo, swap them. And you have a nice clean wiring. May be you can use Fz6r wiring directly if sockets fit.

Also as TownsendsFJR1300 mentions, you need to add a single cable coming from left hand headlight switch to your new single headlight.

As i write these, it looks very complicated, but it's not.

To remove pins, you can use a needle, or little screw driver. Here is a video:

[video=youtube;S9xeg_3eREc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9xeg_3eREc[/video]

Last edited:

Paulito

Reaction score
Visit site
You guys rock, what a brilliant idea, I fell like family on this forum. Let me tray and give the outstand of it.

Paulito

Reaction score
Visit site
Fazil, thank u so much for the information ,works like charm, just one thing doesn't work the lights inside the cluster any ideas why?
All cables match and everything works as should, but the illumination inside the speedo was off.