Run into any pricks like this.....

bledubd

FZ6 Naked Epiphany
Reaction score
Visit site
Carry a handfull of broken spark plugs every time you ride

I also think about this especially in these situations. LOL but then there are too many cctvs on the roads here sometimes it feels like a prison. the twat will probably report you for assult

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
I heard of a few guys who keep a small pipe magentized under their bike for reaaaaaal assho's...never seen it done, but I've heard of that and putting steel on the toes of shoes so they scratch reaaal good when kicking.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Unfortunately, our local police don't/won't take action against a driver behaving in this manner, even if you give them the plate number. If you're on a bike, you must have been to blame, you see....

While true, I'm referring to this instance where the OP's friend is a cop who specifically asked for the plate number. :D

Nearly all my friends from my home state are all cops, sheriffs and dectectives and they would do this for me without any trouble.

Moral of the story: Befriend a Cop! :thumbup:

stoggy

Reaction score
Visit site
you can try to fight back but you will always lose.

What are you going to do throw your spark plug/paint ball pellets at a 5000lb car, and what you think that is going to stop them? Then they are just going to get real mad. Stop at the next light or intersection and they wont, oops I didn't see the little motorcyclist.

Just ride on.

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
you can try to fight back but you will always lose.

What are you going to do throw your spark plug/paint ball pellets at a 5000lb car, and what you think that is going to stop them? Then they are just going to get real mad. Stop at the next light or intersection and they wont, oops I didn't see the little motorcyclist.

Just ride on.

Of course you're right, other than getting the plate # and calling the cops, at least make a complaint against them. Paint would piss them of, spark plugs could potentially cause an accident, neither is a good idea but both are fun to fantasize about on a motorcycle forum.

J

jsteinb95

I haven't experienced that while riding, but I was driving in the fast lane, a van in the slow lane (2 lane highway) and I looked in my passenger mirror and I could see a guy on a sportbike movin up fast....I hugged the shoulder to give him some room to split and the guy in the van purposely moved toward me to close the gap, I sped up to get past the van so the guy on the bike had room.

My dad has told me that he does the same thing. :eek: I told him, "wow, you're a di*ck, do you realize you could kill someone?" Some guy on a sportbike got so pissed at my dad for doing that, that he kicked my dad's door in while riding down the freeway. I started laughing and told him,"serves you right!!!!" But yet he wants me to get rid of my bike because of "crazy drivers." Go figure that one.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
never happened to me, but i would probably turn around if i wasn't in a rush to go anywhere. at the very least get his plat number and call it in...

Epic Ed

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, so what would you do?? Turn around and .....:confused:

If you follow them to get their plate number you better be packing. If the driver of the vehicle intentionally tried to run you off the road you have no idea what they are capable of doing. You have every right to defend yourself if you feel your life is in danger (at least you do in the US), and if you turn around you must at least be prepared for the situation to be escalated.

Ed

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, not trying to start a war, just expressing my thoughts. but, if you choose to turn and follow you legally have become the aggressor, the driver who started the issue can easily make up some lame excuse( avoiding a squirrel, etc) and then the situation that caused no LEGAL harm as escalated. I agree you must be prepared for any situation that you choose to follow up. I just question the need to do so while armed. I know for me, I would be packing alot of anger without a firearm, so I have been trying to learn to let it go and ride another day while balancing the desire to see to it that a prick like that gets his due!

I am sure you are far better trained than I at having/using a firearm:Flash:

mglowe

Reaction score
mglowe.public.iastate.edu
Maybe these Great Examples of Good Drivers is just jealous and they are paying to much $$'s at the pump and cannot afford a cool bike like ours.

Seriously, these drivers exist - mainly because of inbreeding and our laws (wrote by the inbred) do not allow us to correct this. I personally move over a bit for on-coming traffic just in case... how many times has one heard of a prank that went wrong.

kustom17

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok Everyone here has it wrong.

This is what you do.

Get there license plate number

Immediately call the cops and say this exact thing

"The (make model) swerved at me and I think they pointed a gun at me, they were heading (direction, road) driving very erratic almost like they are intoxicated"

Boom, the cops will be on them so fast, pulled over guns drawn on them, car throughly searched and pulled apart. If they ask you, just say I thought i saw it, i guess i was wrong, it happened so fast.

It happened here in hawaii, these guys were video taping in a car not driving dangerous or anything, but this old couple thought the video camera was a gun and called it in. 2 miles down the road the guys were on the ground in cuffs (most of it on video). really funny story.

But the moral is, you have to fight dirty. It'll teach those a-holes to mess swerve at bikers.

and you can always turn around and beat them up yourself but first way is a lot easier.

W

wrightme43

Ok Everyone here has it wrong.

This is what you do.

Get there license plate number

Immediately call the cops and say this exact thing

"The (make model) swerved at me and I think they pointed a gun at me, they were heading (direction, road) driving very erratic almost like they are intoxicated"

Boom, the cops will be on them so fast, pulled over guns drawn on them, car throughly searched and pulled apart. If they ask you, just say I thought i saw it, i guess i was wrong, it happened so fast.

It happened here in hawaii, these guys were video taping in a car not driving dangerous or anything, but this old couple thought the video camera was a gun and called it in. 2 miles down the road the guys were on the ground in cuffs (most of it on video). really funny story.

But the moral is, you have to fight dirty. It'll teach those a-holes to mess swerve at bikers.

and you can always turn around and beat them up yourself but first way is a lot easier.

Ha ha ha!!!

You rock! thats wonderful.

I dont see any situation other than this that would cause me to fire in self defense. Even in this one the gun was not fired.
I am going to cross post this video as well. It is the one that helped me to make the decision to keep my pistol with on my bike. These people are out there.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLrCbrl4tjs"]YouTube - Hicks vs. Yuppies - BMW Car Chase[/ame]

Comet

Reaction score
Visit site
I ride with a friend that carries a gun. I have always worried about someone doing that because he might use it. He gets angry when someone just makes a mistake of some sort. I have had guys try to aggravate me while I am on the bike and I usually ride off away from them if possible. One time I just followed from a distance and when they stopped I would stop. I stayed far enuff away that they could still see me but could not do anything. They would get faster and faster but i stayed glued. It's very difficult to shake a bike when you are in a car. The same sort that does the things the OP tallks about probabaly does other crazy stuff also. I worked for the Railroad for years as a conductor and many times at night a car would pull up on a crossing and stop and play chicken with the train. They were trying to get the Engineer to throw the train in emergency and stop. The cure for that was to turn all the lights off on the Engine so then you could not see the train only hear it. It was funny to turn them back on and see their faces as they sped off. Yeah, there are lots of lunatics out there.

Comet

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the replies and ideas(paintball gun, sparkplugs:D ) Im not too eager to start sheet with people in traffic. Even up in Canada more people are packing, dont want to run into the wrong mentalcase at the wrong time.
i'll just keep my headup and focused

ps...I have some friends in law enforcement, so if I really need an address......:sinister:

pps...I've never asked said friends for such a favour, but they always ask me if I got a plate when I tell them stories like this
Thats how stupid they are. A biker could get their tag number,find where they live and torment them for years. Do you know how many problems you could cause someone and they would not have an inkling of who was doing it?

Rizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Yup happened to me on a country road. I turned around and chased the guy but realized after catching up that he was a little crazy and possibly drunk. He actually turned around and chased me for a while strange. Kind of fun though, like he really had a chance of catching me. Boneheads abound!!