Rubbing tubing with new screen?

Archeon

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently bought and fit an airblade screen to my fz6, however it came with a long piece of rubber tubing that I can't for the life of me work out what it is for!

Have I made a horrible mistake by not fitting it? What is it for?

Thanks,

Si

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I recently bought and fit an airblade screen to my fz6, however it came with a long piece of rubber tubing that I can't for the life of me work out what it is for!

Have I made a horrible mistake by not fitting it? What is it for?

Thanks,

Si

It goes along the top edge of the wind screen. Most screens come with it, supposed to deflect the air at the top of the screen.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It goes along the top edge of the wind screen. Most screens come with it, supposed to deflect the air at the top of the screen.

Hmm... ... or perhaps a chip guard to stop edge fractures? For those times in life when your hammer falls on the edge of the windscreen, missing it completely and denting your gas tank!

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I heard it was for safety, in the event of a crash, but I don't know how good it would be :confused: I took it off my touring windscreen as it looked better without :thumbup:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm... ... or perhaps a chip guard to stop edge fractures? For those times in life when your hammer falls on the edge of the windscreen, missing it completely and denting your gas tank!
The Puig touring screen that I use to have came with it too. Its supposed to give the air that little kicker. I did notice a small difference with and without it.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The Puig touring screen that I use to have came with it too. Its supposed to give the air that little kicker. I did notice a small difference with and without it.

When I put the puig on, it had strip of edging akin to car door trim (chip protector) where as the OEM screen is hot rolled and folded for strength. You guys are talking of something else?