rotella oil question

mercm3

newbie still dammit
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been using rotella syn oil on my bike, now I noticed it's changed to rotella T6 synthetic anyone used this before? And can it be mixed with regular rotella synthetic?

pottie

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That s what I used 5W-40
I think T6 should be newer revision of 5W-40 forgive me if I m wrong I know lots people get really sensitive when come to oil spec....:spank:
hope this link would help to varify
- Shell Rotella T6 Full Synthetic

Powerman

Reaction score
Visit site
I also noticed on their spec sheet it is JASO DH-2 approved. However I don't see JASO MA. The DH designation is for low emission diesel engines. Oh well, I use it anyway.

Last edited:

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
So it's ok to use Shell Rotella T6 Full Synthetic 5w40 right?

I almost got some of this at Walmart but had this same question and now I see it's being addressed.

Dennis

C

CombatPenguin

On the back of the bottle it says it meets the JASO MA specs.

tasop7

Enjoying Life!
Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldn't dare start another oil thread unless absolutely necessary, so I'm going to tag on to this one...

For those who have been using the "Shell Rotella T synthetic 5w-40" in the blue container for about $12 at Walmart, is the "Shell Rotella T6 synthetic 5W-40" in a blue container the replacement? This new one is $19.50. What's the difference between "Rotella" and "Rotella T"? I need to change the oil in 3 of my bikes and need to pick some up, but was very surprised when I went to go buy some and only found the T6 at the higher price point.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldn't dare start another oil thread unless absolutely necessary, so I'm going to tag on to this one...

For those who have been using the "Shell Rotella T synthetic 5w-40" in the blue container for about $12 at Walmart, is the "Shell Rotella T6 synthetic 5W-40" in a blue container the replacement? This new one is $19.50. What's the difference between "Rotella" and "Rotella T"? I need to change the oil in 3 of my bikes and need to pick some up, but was very surprised when I went to go buy some and only found the T6 at the higher price point.

Yes, it's the replacement. The formulation is pretty much the same, except the ash content is lower. This has allowed it to become JASO MA approved. :thumbup:

tjhess74

boo-yah!
Reaction score
Visit site
ive been using the rotella oils (now the T6), in ALL my bikes, for over ten years now. makes maintenance on multiple bikes easier and ive experienced no issues. diesel oils keep the engine internals clean too!:cheer:

TAPnTX

Reaction score
Visit site

Have not seen $12 a bottle for that in years!!!

Todd