Rode my new FZ6 Home!

jreese86

FZ6 Owner!
Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up my brand new Raven '08 FZ6 today from Honda East in Toledo, OH. $5876 out the door! I emailed Scott Johnson and he gave me the no hassle OTD price right over email. Easiest vehicle purchase I've ever made. I was in and out of the dealership in less than 45 minutes.

I rode it home, with a high of 49 degrees, roughly 160 miles. Spent the first 30 miles on back roads breaking it and doing alot of stop and go stuff. Then I hopped on the highway and kept doing 55-85 pulls in different gears so that I didn't let the RPM stay consistent. This thing is so much more comfortable than my last bike (GS500F). I barely felt any bumps on the road, and this thing pulls so smooth and reacts so well even at high speeds. The acceleration this thing has in 6th gear and under 7k RPM is amazing compared to my old GS. It's practically effortless.

I definitely need to get a double bubble windscreen though. The air hits me right in the face/chest area when on the highway and it's enough to push me back at anything over the speed limit. That's a minor, fixable detail though. I'm in love with this bike. I foresee it being in my future for a long time unless I wreck it. I can't even think of a reasonably priced bike that would even be considered an "upgrade" to this thing. I'm gonna do some serious riding this season.

Here's some pics!

The moment I've been waiting for:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking good...Black really is the best looker of the lot...not that i am biased at all.

Good luck with your new steed, hope it brings you awesome amounts of safe & enjoyable riding.

Stay upright.

:rockon:

jreese86

FZ6 Owner!
Reaction score
Visit site
Stay upright.

:rockon:

That's the plan! I need to get some frame sliders on this thing though, just in case.

I am SO happy with this thing. It suits my needs so perfectly that once I found this site I knew there wasn't another bike out there (under $10k) that would suffice. I owe alot to this forum for the information I found before my purchase. You guys rock!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: and Congrats! Fine looking ride!

You got a spectacular deal! Well done!

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

Awesome ride, man! I know I already have one, but I'm still envious when one of you guys gets a new one :)

W

wrightme43

Enjoy man. They are rocking fun.

The time for your first oil change is now though. Its best not to wait.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Another Justin with a 2008 black FZ6 raven?!?!?!?!:eek:

Seriously, congrats! Hope you have loads of fun on your new ride!:Sport:

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
I can feel your joy! Congrats. And don't worry, the black ones are only a little slower than the blue...which probably explains your wonderful discount.:Sport:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:Flash: Welcome to the forum and it's always great to hear some getting a new ride.

Have fun out there! You will love that bike! :welcome:

jreese86

FZ6 Owner!
Reaction score
Visit site
One thing I noticed about this bike compared to my GS500F...

It sure is confidence inspiring.

I hope that doesn't turn out to be a bad thing...

J

jsteinb95

Late to the thread, but :welcome:

and congrats on the purchase! Ride safe.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Atta boy, you rode it home! Nice ride, too bad it's not RED :)
Blue jeans? With the good deal you got it's time to buy some better riding gear. Plenty of textile pants with pads out there to pick from. Remember the best money you can spend is on gear for yourself. Ok I'll stop barking aboutATGATT- All The Gear All The Time.