Rode a Buell this weekend!

ready2goriding

Reaction score
Visit site
The bike was an 06 XB12S, said the owner. Our ride was cut short by cold weather, but I still did about 50 miles in and out of town, and was able to gather a few impressions. They are in no particular order:
1) I love it! Torque is no longer a four letter word! Very docile and linear on the street, yet still able to MOVE when needed.
2) Handling is very good. Falls into corners naturally and quickly. I did get some strange oscillations through the bars that seemed contact patch related. This could easily be tire related also. Steering head seemed tight.
3) Very comfortable for my 6'3" 280 lbs frame. More aggro than a stock FZ-6, but more relaxed than the ZX-10.
4) Seems to get excellant gas mileage. Maybe 50+?
5) I think it's pretty, but the fact that I am a bike *hor_ may explain this. I also think that Hodakas are pretty! :eek:
6) A quick "acceleration test" had me chasing the ever disappearing taillight of my own FZ! We only ran to appr. 75 mph, but even with second & third chances, I couldn't get it closer.
7) A Buell owner on this forum :confused: once stated that the power of this bike is great within the speed limit, and I could not agree more! To me the liter bikes are always trying to cruise at 100 mph+. This bike is fun ALL the time, and you do not have to constantly restrain your throttle hand. Every day bike? You bet!
8) If I ever do this again, I promise to bring along a camera! Pics are more descriptive than I could ever be. My wide grin could be viewed from space!
Thanks for your patience while I ramble, doug