Rizoma F.E. and Rear Signals

blkparade

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, Received my Rizoma F.E. Kit and new Rizoma Zero 11 Indicators. Attached is a couple of photos. One is a comparo and the other just a general shot. Not sure if I am going to keep the rear reflector on or not. Install wise not much of an issue really a little cutting and attaching some male and female connections. If you had all those items before you started it was maybe a 1 to 2 hour job, tops. I have never installed anything electric on my cars or this bike so for a beginner no biggy really. Quality of the products is great, durability should be good based on the quality look and feel of the components. Each light came with two resistors. No resistor had the lights at a quicktime pace for the blinking. One resistor was about factory speed. I never tried the 2 resistor install as I was happy with one. It was a tight packing job to get the wires, connections and resistor into the side cowling but it fits none the less. The LED light over the plate is some what limiting in its coverage but very visible if that makes sense. The blue hue looks pretty cool :thumbup: Overall I am very happy with the install and the look it has given the bike.

Now some of you are concerned about visibility. In the bright sunshine, by that i mean with it shining directly on the unit in an early morning sunrise I would say it is equal to if maybe not a bit better than the factory units when blinking. When not blinking obviously the factory units have a better visibility factor due to the yellow covers. I find it hard to believe though that from behind it will make a difference to a cager. It definitely cleans up the back end. If width is a concern you can move the units out approximately 2 inches each side from where I have them.

Finally I painted my exhaust cover a flat black till I get that great sounding Akrapovic installed next spring. Would really love to do the entire bike in a nice stealthy looking flat black but to many mods to add. I would also like to add PJ & Paige of PJ's Parts (getting nothing from them) are great :rockon: people to work with. They communicate with you every step of the way and respond to email very quickly (even on vacation...oops) and if you can believe this, they answer the phone. You don't get that to often, now and days.

View attachment 7561

View attachment 7563

githianki

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the pics...:thumbup: was pondering getting some of those. Can you take some pics with them lit too??

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nicely done :thumbup:

I have the same rear blinkers but am using the standard FE kit. I added the Watsen front flush blinkers to the mix. That threw changed the overall resistance and now all blinkers are running "quicktime". Only the hazards lights are at the factory blinking rate.

Question to you is which male female connectors are you using? The factory cabling is incompatible with the rizoma connectors. If you have a link to the wiring adapter, I would buy them.

Cheers.

blkparade

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the pics...:thumbup: was pondering getting some of those. Can you take some pics with them lit too??

Sorry for the slow response. I have a video from about 20ft away in the sunshine which gives a pretty good idea of the brightness. I will post it on you tube and see if I can figure out that whole link thing.

blkparade

Reaction score
Visit site
Nicely done :thumbup:

I have the same rear blinkers but am using the standard FE kit. I added the Watsen front flush blinkers to the mix. That threw changed the overall resistance and now all blinkers are running \"quicktime\". Only the hazards lights are at the factory blinking rate.

Question to you is which male female connectors are you using? The factory cabling is incompatible with the rizoma connectors. If you have a link to the wiring adapter, I would buy them.

Cheers.

Sorry again for the slow reply. I actually went out and purchased the male and female connectors (autozone) that are the same style as on the Rizoma kit. I cut the factory rear blinker connection about two inches before the factory plastic connector. I then stripped the factory wires about 1/2 inch installed the connectors and was able to plug in everything. I kept the factory plastic connectors in the mix because I figured it would be easier to unplug come exhaust install time or any time I need to remove the signals and F.E. kit. So a long answer to your question it wasn't so much a wiring adapter but just the metal female and male ends that match the Rizoma kit, which I then added to the factory wiring allowing me to plug into the Rizoma kit. Sorry no pics of the install as I progressed.