Risers

derek533

Reaction score
Visit site
Thinking about adding some risers to make the stock bars a tad bit higher as I'm 6'0 and have to bend over a little more than I'd like to reach the bars. It's not uncomfortable, but it certainly could be more comfortable than it is. Some of it too, is that I'm coming from a 800cc cruiser and just getting used to the different posture is taking some time for me.

Having said that, I'm considering the 1" risers on ebay. Particularly, I'm looking at these and these.

Does anyone have any experience with either and does anyone know if the cables will be long enough to accommodate these without alteration? TIA

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Everything will fit fine with just a 1" rise, no issues.

I originally rtied just a 1" rise but it wasn't enough for me. I currently have 1" up, 1 & 3/8" back, risers on mine, the brake line was quite snug, had to do some minor mods for that but even that set up worked...

Last edited:

lghtmgr

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the 1up 1.5 back and the brake lines were snug as Scott stated. went ahead and replaced the brake lines with braided lined. ordered 1" longer than stock and everything worked out great. JC>