Rim stickers

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
Im thinking about getting some rim stickers off of ebay for like 7 bucks. Has anyone put them on before? It seems like it would be hard, and I couldnt find any threads about them.

Here is a picture I found off of ebay.

Nick

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
I'am also semi-interested in this. One of my buds said one of his buds got some of those and it looked good, lol. But i wonder how clean it would really look, if it'd be hard (like to get it dead center, because i imagine if its a little off when you start to apply it then it'd be totally off in the end...)

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
I have red reflective ones and if you examine them up close they aren't particularly straight or on very well in spots, but move back about 2-3 feet and you can't see all the little imperfections. I wipe them off with a rag whenever #i check my tire pressure. They look great. Go for it and remember to take before and after pics!

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen these too, (the new '08 Naked's have it as stock down here). I was thinking it might be easier to get someone to paint it on... e.g. a pinstipe painter, they generally have a pretty steady hand.

Was going to try myself, but don't want to stuff it up.

:)

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
I have black wheel stripes on my silver rims. I bought the pre-curved ones...I hear it makes the install much easier. I didn't think it was that hard to do. Pics of stripes are in my album.

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
I have wanted those as well, I have seen a good selection here
tapeworks.com

and a few packs at the local cycle gear

let us know how it goes

Gemini77

Reaction score
Visit site
The rim stripes were the 1st mod I did on my bike. I got the pre-curved one's from ebat and took about 2 hours to get them on to my liking.....make sure you clean the wheels before you put them on.....:rockon:

Mr T

Reaction score
Visit site
3m rim stripes comes with an applicator. The applicator is moulded plastic designed to follow the rim profile, and you simply thread the rim tape through the applicator and slowly rotate the wheel. I fitted mine with absolute perfection in no time. Looks great and enhances visibility

T

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
I got mine from tapeworks.com. They weren't precurved, just a roll. They were actually pretty easy to put on, they stretch a little so you can adjust it as you're applying it. Mine has a couple of imperfections, but it's black tape on a black rim, and when it reflects it's too bright to tell.

Scott

Nerd Extraordinaire
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just ordered the Reflective Blue for my blue '05. Hope they look okay!

Total cost, with shipping: $36 and some change.

Picture from tapeworks.com:
6018.jpg

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
3m rim stripes comes with an applicator. The applicator is moulded plastic designed to follow the rim profile, and you simply thread the rim tape through the applicator and slowly rotate the wheel. I fitted mine with absolute perfection in no time. Looks great and enhances visibility

T

That sounds like the best way to get them on correctly! Where did you buy them?

Scott

Nerd Extraordinaire
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just put one on last night. It was a major pain in the ass. Also, once it was on I wasn't really pleased with the color matching. I don't hate it, I'm just not sure yet... once I tear the one off and install the other 4 (now I know why they give you 5) I'll try to post a pic.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
I have black wheel stripes on my silver rims. I bought the pre-curved ones...I hear it makes the install much easier. I didn't think it was that hard to do. Pics of stripes are in my album.

Those are really nice. Are they reflective as well? Where's you get them?

billm

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the E-Bay pre-curved ones for $6 ("make offer"), of course ship. was extra.
Easy to put on.
:thumbup:

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Make sure they come pre-curved and they are a cinch to put on, less than 15 minutes. Simple, cheap mod and makes the bike look awesome IMO. Got mine off ebay for like 14 bucks including shipping.

benzomatic

Reaction score
Visit site
Got grey pre-cured non-reflective ones from ebay, and put them on last weekend. They add just the right amount of accent color to my Dark-blue '08. I would definitely recommend the pre-curved strips -- they're much easier to apply and chances of ending up with visible imperfections are slim to none! Just remember to clean the rims thoroughly before getting started.

BTW, I found the ebay store from a post on this forum -- search for seller "dunstangraffix" -- I had a pretty pleasant experience dealing with them; I think they can also carve in custom graphics into the strip for a little extra, but I opted for a simpler look.

I'll post newer pics soon.

/benzo/

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
BTW, I found the ebay store from a post on this forum -- search for seller "dunstangraffix" -- I had a pretty pleasant experience dealing with them; I think they can also carve in custom graphics into the strip for a little extra, but I opted for a simpler look.

/benzo/

+1 dunstangraffix was who I bought from too.