Rim Painting/Carbon Coating

Mudkipz137

Reaction score
Visit site
I apologize if this wouldn't be good enough to be considered a 'mod' but my question is, has anyone done their rims a certain color? If so, would you recommend it as an accent color or main body color of the bike? My fazers blue, but I'm not sure it'd look good to just do blue rims, but then it feels like it would be gawdy to do something too contrasting.

Ideas?

Also, any idea on cost for a shop to do this, rough numbers?

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I need to get my rims done, I had a brake fluid leak on the rear and the original paint is peeling off.

I am thinking of going with the same silver colour with a pinstripe the same blue as the tank. I thought of black wheels but the frame etc are silver so it might look weird.

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
I apologize if this wouldn't be good enough to be considered a 'mod' but my question is, has anyone done their rims a certain color? If so, would you recommend it as an accent color or main body color of the bike? My fazers blue, but I'm not sure it'd look good to just do blue rims, but then it feels like it would be gawdy to do something too contrasting.

Ideas?

Also, any idea on cost for a shop to do this, rough numbers?

If you are semi good with photoshop or whatever then perhaps you could take a picture of your bike and give it blue rims in the software... I think it's a little hard to figure out if it's going to look cool or not?

Mudkipz137

Reaction score
Visit site
My photoshop skills end with ms paint. I think black matte finish on rims, or going with a blue.

Would anyone know if you can get away with painting rims? Or is it better to powder coat?

Thanks for the input
Mud

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I need to get my rims done, I had a brake fluid leak on the rear and the original paint is peeling off.

I am thinking of going with the same silver colour with a pinstripe the same blue as the tank. I thought of black wheels but the frame etc are silver so it might look weird.

You may want to swap out the brake fluid with dot 5. Shouldn't eat the paint and has a higher temp rating. Future brake work won't have you sweating it after that.:thumbup: