Riding the dragon in April

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
Myself and a few buddies are going to make a trip to the southeast around the first week of april to ride the dragon. What is the landscape like down there at that time of year? Trees budding, fish biting, critters stirring, touristy? My wife and make a trip to that area once every couple years to hike, but it's always during the fall. Just wondering when things start coming out of their winter slumber in that part of the states.

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
Things may be greening up slightly, but it will still be pretty cool, (especially at night), probably accompanied by alot of rain. Few buds or critters but the fishing should be decent.
(It's easy to wear a set of new tires to a sharp point in one day there! Be careful)

W

wrightme43

LOL

You just never know man. Some years the world is awake, some years it gets frozen back. Two years ago it was brown in late may from a ice storm earlier.

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
i did some lurking on other sites and i'll tell you what, i'm beginning to see that people love it or hate it (dragon). Its more than a deals gap trip for us, there are a lot of scenic rides in the area, hell even the national park would be fun to ride, i just hope we hit the weather right. Not much happening in the flatlands of indiana, so the new scenery will be a welcome sight, weekend traffic or not.