Riding Alone

To go hit some twisties alone or wait for a buddy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
I have had just one of those weeks....we all know the kind....
well I am tired of drinking so I want to go for a nice long ride to Blood Mountain tomorrow....All of my friends have scheduling conflicts and I really am not fond of going alone, if something happens I am more screwed then if I had a buddy.
to hit the twisties or not?

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Although I'm fond of riding with my pals from the forum (yeah, you know who you hoons are..) when I get the itch like you have I just hit the road, twisties included.
I do however carry a Spot messenger device with me that provides peace of mind for both myself and Mrs. Lefty. :thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How big of a ride is it? Nothing wrong with riding alone, just ride at sensible pace.

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
Charge up the cell phone, let someone know your route and schedule, and go! :thumbup:

CNY Fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Love riding alone. You get to ride at the pace you want when you want. I find the solitude relaxing and comfortable. Enjoy and be safe.

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
if you want to wring it out a little and just clear your head, sometimes other riders can be hazardous. honestly if im trying to get away, i want as few people around as possible.

+1 on chargin' the Cell Phone.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I needed a ride in a bad way today. The last ride I was scheduled for with Jerry and Bryan had to be canceled because I was helping a neighbor who was very sick and he passed. I tried to get out again and it wasn't the right time.
Today was the next window and I took it. I took my spot locator with me.
I made it to the desert and Carlees for lunch. Could smell that hot rubber smell coming off the back tire! I didn't feel like I was pushing it at all but I felt like I finally got some work done! :)

Sent from Moto's Droid using Tapatalk 2

Mexi-can't

Biker dude
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nothing wrong with riding alone. Maybe find a few new/more riding buddies too. Are you on BSB ? There's a few people out your way on that forum.

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How big of a ride is it? Nothing wrong with riding alone, just ride at sensible pace.

Spot on advice here! Ride safe and sensible as Erci suggests. Even at a slower pace, you will have a big smile on your face.

Sometimes it's not how fast you go from point A to point B, but it's about the journey you take to get there. I like to believe that's why we ride.

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
Spot on advice here! Ride safe and sensible as Erci suggests. Even at a slower pace, you will have a big smile on your face.

Sometimes it's not how fast you go from point A to point B, but it's about the journey you take to get there. I like to believe that's why we ride.

Absolutely, both you and Eric are right! I usually end up being the leader whenever I ride with my friends, it does keep me at a slower pace but it is nice to just go out and not have to worry about keeping up with those behind you. I know that doesnt make tons of sense but it does to me lol

I need to keep my mind clear and just hit some curves at a moderate pace...just to keep me distracted!

THANKS GUYS!

D

Dave.TX

I used to ride the Imperial Sand Dunes in SoCal and you never went out alone. That mindset is still somewhat there. On the street I ride alone quite a bit but if I'm going to tear up the twisties I'd rather have someone else along. If I ride the twisties by myself then I take it easy, don't push it.

D

Dave.TX

I only ride alone... none of my friends ride. *tear*

Go to meetup.com and search for motorcycle groups in your area. I ride with a sport bike group in Austin and have a ton of fun, great people. Most of the group has sport bikes but they ride with safety in mind and don't care if you ride a Ninja 250 or a sport tourer like mine. I've even organized rides from time to time, as little as 3 of us and sometimes the groups get over 30 riders. Dallas will be different but it's worth a shot. We have the advantage of the hill country next door.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I ride the same way with or without an audience..... :spank: just go ride.... :rockon: :thumbup:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I ride alone with no regrets. Most of the areas that are entertaining offer no cell service so that's of little value in the middle of nowhere! It's nearly dry out today so I see some twist in my future. With all the fallen leaves and being wet, i'll adapt to the conditions. . .

+1 on telling someone where, when, route, etc. . .