RIDER WARNING!!! Think JUST leather boots are sufficient?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Mate,

I am sorry that your accident has meant you have had surgery and now require a period of re-hab.
Thank God you had your boots on......

I am going to play Devil's advocate here for a minute.

I am not sure of the complete story to your crash so I will need to embelish with a little of my own fall off
experience and some of the sights I have seen as an ED Nurse.

I think that your boots have actually limited the damage caused by your wreck.
The surgical wounds you show in your picture are from the repair.
Yep you got a broken foot ( maybe ankle to?) and a crushed instep. My experience of seeing riders with harder MX style boots is that the energy just gets disipated up the leg. So you may end up with an intact foot but a complete spiral fracture of your Tibia. Which is the less of two evils I dont know?

No boot will guarantee you can walk away from a big off. What they do though is damage limitation.
Get well soon and a lesson to us all to gear up.

Nelly

Last edited:

Rekon

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Mate,

I am sorry that your accident has meant you have had surgery and now require a period of re-hab.
Thank God you had your boots on......

I am going to play Devil's advocate here for a minute.

I am not sure of the complete story to your crash so I will need to embelish with a little of my own fall off
experience and some of the sights I have seen as an ED Nurse.

I think that your boots have actually limited the damage caused by your wreck.
The surgical wounds you show in your picture are from the repair.
Yep you got a broken foot ( maybe ankle to?) and a crushed instep. My experience of seeing riders with harder MX style boots is that the energy just gets disipated up the leg. So you may end up with an intact foot but a complete spiral fracture of your Tibia. Which is the less of two evils I dont know?

No boot will guarantee you can walk away from a big off. What they do though is damage limitation.
Get well soon and a lesson to us all to gear up.

Nelly

Thank you nelly, your input is much appreciated and i cannot agree with you more. Very good point.