Rider Insurance !?!

Fz672110

Reaction score
Visit site
Statefarm was the first one I called, and the first to tell me they couldn't insure me. I guess they wanted a longer driving record. I had only been driving 2 years at the time and I believe they wanted 3. O well. I felt like I was saving big bucks after all those crazy quotes I got, but then I hear about you guys paying for a whole year with a couple hundred dollars. Lol

cmantis

Reaction score
Visit site
Take a motorcycle safety course, your premiums will even be less since you would be eligible for extra discounts.

Yeh ive taken a few but not in the last three years as required. Maybe ill go visit erci this weekend and see if he'll sign off...

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Discounts only last for about a year max, then it expires. You must continue to take some type of class, most likely an advanced class in your case and resubmit a new completion card to them. Here in Idaho, the Idaho Stars (State Motorcycle Safety Program) has 1/2 day classes as low as $35, so it's a no brainer. Spend $35 and receive up to a 30% discount on your insurance premiums, you come out ahead.

Druff

Reaction score
Visit site
Progressive have best rates for me but I insure 3 bikes through them but funny enough not my truck. State Farm have my truck but want double for the bikes than Progressive. Never had to file claim so I can't speak to the coverage but the price's can't be beat around here.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I wonder if I should lower deductibles from 500 to 250. Does being a home owner give you a discount? I told them I wasnt because I dont live in the house I own.

Unless they insure the house you own, probably not but will defer to those more in the know. I haven't worked in the insurance world since 2003 and even then, I was in IT.

I can't speak for all insurance companies but for mine with Progressive I am getting an insurance discount for owning a home, even though I don't have my homeowner's insurance through Progressive. I also get a discount for 5 year clean driving record and being married.

On a risked based assessment the assumption is that homeowner's are probably more responsible than renters. Same with married people.

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got Dairyland insurance with upped medical, roadside, and whatever else is thrown in there. I pay $90 a month. I'm 18 and couldn't get some to even consider insuring me because of age. Geico wanted $250 PER MONTH. Anybody know when I can expect it to be reasonable?

Dunno about bike insurance, but for car insurance, the "magic" age was 25.