Ride 2011. Cali/Oregon people listen up

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The food is stupidly good. The milkshakes were epic. They make them from scratch.

I think I'm having this:

Pork Chops
Pan fried and drizzled with a succulent raspberry sauce or grilled with a mouth-watering brown sugar glaze. Served with choice of potato and sautéed vegetables.
$23.95

haha

or this:

Bison Meatloaf in Gravy
Savory, lean and rich, Full Circle Ranch, Oregon-raised bison combined with Taylor’s sweet Italian sausage & our chef’s special seasoning.
$22.95

Last edited:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK now you are making me very hungry. I got the OK from the boss here at work so I am in for sure. I probably will ride down to Grants Pass on Saturday and hang with my buddy until I get the call as to where both of you are at. From where you both coming from Grants Pass would be a good place to meet then ride down 199 to Cave Junction. What are we doing from there? I kind of need to know to know how many days to take off work. You both are coming up north correct? What rout are we taking? :BLAA: Oh by the way I love milk shakes. Nice and thick chocolate milk shakes.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What are we doing from there? I kind of need to know to know how many days to take off work. You both are coming up north correct? What rout are we taking? .

That's a great question, I can only afford to spend Sunday night, maybe Monday. After that, I must get up to Portland for two days and see my folks and I will figure out where I'll be going from there. So will be leaving Portland on Thursday.

I would still like to hit Crater Lake on the way up to Portland, or we can do that as a Monday ride. Or go up the coast into Newport, etc.

I still have to make room reservations at the lodge. Being a Sunday, I hope they won't be booked.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just get something relatively cheap. If you did decide to split the cost of the room, I wouldn't mind sleeping on the floor.

I am poor.

:(

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just get something relatively cheap. If you did decide to split the cost of the room, I wouldn't mind sleeping on the floor.

I am poor.

:(

Okay, I have reserved a room for Sunday and Monday evening. It's a two room family suite, meaning that there are three beds. Two in one room and the 3rd bed in another, I guess whoever pulls in the hot local chick get's that single room.

The cost is $180 a night. I am not holding anyone to splitting the cost exactly three ways, if you want to chip in that's fine, I don't mind paying the bulk of the bill, just not all of it.

If there are any other NW Peeps who like to join in, I'm sure there is plenty of room on the floor. Just bring a sleeping bag.

The room is reserved under my name, "Vegasrider" check in time will is no earlier than 1500, so plan on arriving anytime after that.

Just kidding on the name reservation, it's actually under my real alias.

I'm sure everyone around the Chauteu will enjoy the sounds of my exhaust!

Last edited:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm delayed due to tire trouble. Long story. I'll cut a day out of the trail riding if I have to but I'm gunning to make it for Sunday in Oregon still.

I'll definitely need a two day rest after that haul though haha

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have attached a couple of routes to ride possibly. I would like to do the Crater lake loop. The whole lake loop is open finally. Should be awesome. It's up to you two. I am not in any kind of time crunch. I have the whole week, 9 days off. Sweet. :D

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Lefty and I just got back from Crater Lake. The loop around is beautiful but pavement conditions are changeable. A couple of pics are below. I will post a complete review in another thread soon.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Lone....too little too late on this one man. I can't make this happen at this point. I've been delaying responding hoping something woudl change but it ain't gonna happen.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I made a promise to myself from last years road trip that I woudn't spread my rides too far apart on my next major trip. So what did I do? :spank:

Right off the bat from Vegas, I'm riding 800 miles through Death Valley and onto Yosemite, then up through the interior of California to Lake Tahoe. I have to leave like at 3 am. Got to beat the heat in Death Valley. Hotels are not cheap over the weekend in Tahoe either.

Then onto Lassen National Park and then onto Redding Ca after partying hard in Tahoe.

Mark, do you want to meet me there (Redding) on Sunday? You staying in Grants Pass Oregon is less than an hour from Cave Junction. What are you going to do all day? Meet me in Redding which is about 2.5 hours south slabbing down 5, and we can take some sick roads back up. 299 towards Eureka then up 96 then 48 into Cave Junction, or whatever. Think about it.

Oh by the way, this Chauteu at the Oregon Caves, no phones, no television, no wifi. WTF? What are we suppose to do at night?

Last edited:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh.....I'm sure we'll think of something...

:D

Hey Defy I've been thinking I might try to loop down through California if funds aren't too tapped. I'm strictly camping so I might be able to swing it. So many good people in Cali unable to link up that I might come down and save you guys the trouble.

PM me your cell and I'll text you as I get closer if I will make it that far.

At Waterton Park tonight. Gonna give the continental trail ride a shot but if it's too crazy I'll just do some gravel backroads exploring to get my jollies. Sunday night still looks good.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Lone---my schedule is back on suck because I start my school job again tomorrow (Friday). But, if you're going to swing deeper into NorCal I might be able to link up, somewhere, (say, within 1-2 hours of Sacramento) and ride with you for awhile but, like I say, my schedule really limits me (weekend free, M-F can set out around 3pm)

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah for sure I'll let you know if I do.

Same goes for anyone else PM me your cell numbers and I'll text to coordinate.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, the coffe shop closes at 5 and the dining room closes at 8, so you better plan on getting in before that time or you will go hungry.

I'll be rolling out of Vegas at 3 am so I'm going to bed and try to sleep. Probably post up on the forum when I get into Lake Tahoe Saturday night.

Eating breakfast at McDonalds in Bishop Ca. Right now. It's 9 am

Last edited:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 100 miles from coure de lane or however you spell it.

Not sure where to go so just sitting on a bench haha

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
16 hr on the saddle yesterday, 690 miles and two national parks. Yosemite was beautiful. Spent the night in North Lake. Tahoe, on my way to Mt. Lassen Volcanic national Park then onto Redding for lunch. Probably be there between noon and 1. I've been hitting the Starbucks because of the free wifi so I can log onto the forum with my IPad.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
16 hr on the saddle yesterday, 690 miles and two national parks. Yosemite was beautiful. Spent the night in North Lake. Tahoe, on my way to Mt. Lassen Volcanic national Park then onto Redding for lunch. Probably be there between noon and 1. I've been hitting the Starbucks because of the free wifi so I can log onto the forum with my IPad.

Now your up in my hood. Have fun, enjoy the snow on Lassen and how about this weather- best in the country right now!