Ride 2011. Cali/Oregon people listen up

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I saw something shiny and got distracted. I'm not going to make it tonight.

I'm about 100 miles north east of Crater Lake.

I'll be able to make it to cave junction tomorrow after I detour to crater lake. You guys wanna link up there then ride to cave junction together? I really wanna do the cave tour this time so if you can delay doing it till i get there that'd be awesome haha. Last time my hip was busted and doing it together for the first time would be cool.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I saw something shiny and got distracted. I'm not going to make it tonight.

I'm about 100 miles north east of Crater Lake.

I'll be able to make it to cave junction tomorrow after I detour to crater lake. You guys wanna link up there then ride to cave junction together? I really wanna do the cave tour this time so if you can delay doing it till i get there that'd be awesome haha. Last time my hip was busted and doing it together for the first time would be cool.

Okay...Kenny left VM and was looking for you. My stupid phone was in a bad location and it didn't ring. I just check and had VM. I just sent you a text...

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Lone finally showed up last night while Mark and I were finishing up dinner. We went on the cave tour this morning and then we went on an Epic ride this afternoon down in Southern Oregon. We are spending the night in Medford Oregon and planning to hit Crater Lake tommorow afternoon after Mark gets his battery replaced.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Lone finally showed up last night while Mark and I were finishing up dinner. We went on the cave tour this morning and then we went on an Epic ride this afternoon down in Southern Oregon. We are spending the night in Medford Oregon and planning to hit Crater Lake tommorow afternoon after Mark gets his battery replaced.
You mean to tell me Lone was late? Shocking!

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm the first to make it home from the great adventure. We had a absolute blast. Great roads and tons of laughs. Here are a few shots. We stayed at the Caves Chateau in Oregon. We did a few day trips. The pictures are from the Chateau and the Redwoods in Northern California for those who have never been there. Oh that would be Kenny better known as Vegas Rider. More pictures to come and probably some storys.

Last edited:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Money? Dude I have no money. It just takes the willingness to grind it out. Do you have $250? That gives you a four day range. Start with that. You can do and see plenty in four days. No excuses.

You mean to tell me Lone was late? Shocking!

That's how I roll! :D

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm the first to make it home from the great adventure. We had a absolute blast. Great roads and tons of laughs. Here are a few shots. We stayed at the Caves Chateau in Oregon. We did a few day trips. The pictures are from the Chateau and the Redwoods in Northern California for those who have never been there. Oh that would be Kenny better known as Vegas Rider. More pictures to come and probably some storys.

These pictures make me sick, just sick. I've never ridden my FZ6 though a tree. I don't know if I'll ever get there. Are there motorcycles in heaven?

REDHAWK22

aka willie
Reaction score
Visit site
Money? Dude I have no money. It just takes the willingness to grind it out. Do you have $250? That gives you a four day range. Start with that. You can do and see plenty in four days. No excuses.

That's how I roll! :D

Now you're giving me something to save for & hope for. Grind it out, meaning? , camp out, don't shower, eat less? just kidding..

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Haha yeah it means exactly that.

But it is always worth it.

An update: I'm on my way back north. Cali just wasn't in the budget this year. Next year for sure though!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
15 hour on the saddle today and 600 plus miles. I'm in Sparks NV just outside of Reno. Took some epic roads today. Also ran into the beginning stages of the Burning Man Festival in Gerlach NV, it's in the middle of nowhere in Northern Nev. What a zoo, go figure.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Home! 525 miles and 11.5 hr on the saddle today. Once again, Epic roads.

Here's a teaser until I can generate a trip report, took tons of pictures.

P1010697.jpg

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was home for one day from the trip and went down to Newport Oregon beach for a couple days. Great ride on the FZ. Wow reality is back to work on Monday after 9 days off riding my baby. I have to go back to work to rest from my twisty vacation. :spank: