Revolutionary new cable lubricator

magicc8ball

Reaction score
Visit site
I will take one for sure!

By the way just an idea but have you made a facebook for this product? I have some friends that use fb to advertise there business or just ideas. Just a thought tho!

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
For the clutch cable, don't you have to remove something? I followed the cable and it goes to the other (right) side. If you inject the oil, I don't think it would freely come out. Don't you have to disconnect the other end first?

Also, it seems your "kit" is completely reusable. So no need to buy 3 of these, just one, and keep reusing it. Think GREEN! :D

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I already have a kit from being a tester, but i am sending Travis a real order as a thank you for simply making my life easier. I would have paid just as much just for the "How to" to make this set up.
Reiobard: The check's in the mail! Thanks: Travis (joke)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Travis,

The IRS is Watching!

Have you posted this up in any other forums?

Have you tried to market this through any motorcycle shops like Cyclegear?

FizzySix

Drunken Philosopher
Reaction score
Visit site
This is brilliant, nice job. I'll definitely be ordering one in the spring when my bike thaws out. I've never actually lubed the cables properly, except for a couple half-hearted attempts with some spray-lube. If the controls have stiffened up over time I probably didn't notice because it's gradual, so if it makes any difference I'm the maintenance-slacker to notice it!

So I can see from the pics that you just jam the tube down the sleeve and depress the plunger. Do you work the cable as you apply it to distribute the oil? If/when it's full, does oil come out the other end, or overflow out the top?

I realize this shouldn't need any more instruction than how to use a hammer (hold onto the skinny end and hit something with the heavy end without hitting yourself in the process) but just trying to picture how to know when it's full.

hazy

Reaction score
Visit site
Look great!Please PM me for the total cost for a single kit including shipping to be sent to Singapore.

malicious439

The Technician
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, this is a great idea! Im still new to motorcycles and even newer to maintenance but this looks like a great time saver and great price!

I will definitely get these when weather lets me ride more:rockon:

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For the clutch cable, don't you have to remove something? I followed the cable and it goes to the other (right) side. If you inject the oil, I don't think it would freely come out. Don't you have to disconnect the other end first?

Also, it seems your "kit" is completely reusable. So no need to buy 3 of these, just one, and keep reusing it. Think GREEN! :D

For the clutch cable, there is no removal or disassembly required.

The throttle cables are hidden behind a plate, but three screws and it's off. Pretty easy.

The volume of oil per cable is optimized to adequately lubricate each cable without spilling out the other end. Just insert the tube, inject the contents of one of the syringes, and you're done.

Last edited:

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OP:
can you make up some kits with a dry type lubricant?
Not sure i am keen on putting motor oil in cable housings since it could attract dirt.

Of all the chain lubes I have tried I like Dupont Chain Saver the best
http://www2.dupont.com/Lubricants_Campaign/en_US/content/K-17464-2_Teflon_ChainSaver_Corrugator.pdf

I think you could fill hundred or more of these vials with a single can of it.

I am actively working on this. There are some challenges to work through, so it will definitely be next generation, but it's definitely a worthwhile idea. Stay tuned!

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is brilliant, nice job. I'll definitely be ordering one in the spring when my bike thaws out. I've never actually lubed the cables properly, except for a couple half-hearted attempts with some spray-lube. If the controls have stiffened up over time I probably didn't notice because it's gradual, so if it makes any difference I'm the maintenance-slacker to notice it!

So I can see from the pics that you just jam the tube down the sleeve and depress the plunger. Do you work the cable as you apply it to distribute the oil? If/when it's full, does oil come out the other end, or overflow out the top?

I realize this shouldn't need any more instruction than how to use a hammer (hold onto the skinny end and hit something with the heavy end without hitting yourself in the process) but just trying to picture how to know when it's full.

Thanks! Yes, you actuate the cable (pull lever, twist throttle) to encourage the oil to wick down the length of the cable while filling. The volume I provide is perfect to lubricate the entire cable without overfilling.

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
CHEMIKER, great idea, much better than taking everything apart to lubricate.

Anything that can simplify my life (or off season bike maintenance) for $15 is definitely worth it. I really hope this becomes profitable/successful for you.

Placed an order, can't wait to get them!!:thumbup::thumbup:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Chemiker, how often are the cables supposed to be lubricated? This is one of those maintenance items that I should have looked into but never have.

depends on your storage and riding conditions. outside storage and dusty riding would mean more lubing. I personally lube at least every oil change, so about 3000 miles (of course that is about a month and a half). I sometimes do it a bit more if the levers are feeling a bit stiff.

Last edited: