Revolutionary new cable lubricator

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey chemiker, question for ya. I received the kit and did the clutch cable no problem. All though it needs to be replaced i think because the rubber grommets on the lever end is torn to bits and its squeaking somewhere.

I took off the throttle cable under cover. I lubed the cable towards the headlight no problem, but the throttle cable on the seat side i could not get the injector to go down no matter how hard i tried. I ended up bending the injection tube pretty bad and gave up but for next time are there any tips to do this cable on an 05 fz6??

Anyways this was my first maintenance as a new rider for my bike. I love the bike so much more now that the clutch cable is freed :BLAA:

Sorry to hear you're having trouble.

I have never experienced that, both throttle cables are always very easy for me. Is there any corrosion or dirt around there?

One thing that might help is to actuate the cable (twist the throttle) a little while trying to insert the tube. But you'll need a new tube first. PM me your address and I'll get another one out tonight.

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
Great kit Travis!

I did this last week and I'm really happy with the results. Especially the throttle is a 100 times better.

In addition to using the kit, I also sprayed some lube under the throttle tube and re-adjust the slack. I would recommend this to anyone.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Will using Dupont teflon dry chain lube make these syringes reusable?

I haven't tried it yet. I'm guessing that the syringes would be tough to fill, and you'd be surrounded by a cloud of vapors and teflon dust before you filled one syringe. If you're going to do this, you should do it outside at least.

My guess: it will probably eat the syringes and ruin them eventually. Even though they're "dry", those dry lubes are made of solid particles of teflon suspended in some kind of very volatile organic solvent like naptha that makes them sprayable or pourable, but then evaporates quickly leaving a dry film. Those solvents are going to be nasty to the injection molded polycarbonate syringes, which are sensitive to solvents.

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't tried it yet. I'm guessing that the syringes would be tough to fill, and you'd be surrounded by a cloud of vapors and teflon dust before you filled one syringe. If you're going to do this, you should do it outside at least.

My guess: it will probably eat the syringes and ruin them eventually. Even though they're "dry", those dry lubes are made of solid particles of teflon suspended in some kind of very volatile organic solvent like naptha that makes them sprayable or pourable, but then evaporates quickly leaving a dry film. Those solvents are going to be nasty to the injection molded polycarbonate syringes, which are sensitive to solvents.

I should have mentioned dupont teflon silicon lube. That should be safe and is what most use to lube their cables.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I should have mentioned dupont teflon silicon lube. That should be safe and is what most use to lube their cables.

If it truly has only silicone and teflon in it, then it should be inert toward the syringes. The MSDS isn't readily available so I can't confirm this.

I'm guessing that it still has a lightweight volatile organic solvent that evaporates quickly. That is what makes these lubricants thin enough to be sprayable.

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
Review

I got the kit and used it today. First thing I would like to mention that this is a great piece of kit. It is very very well made and certainly not just put together from parts. This can certainly be made into a patent if something better is used other than the syringes. So, certainly there was no point for the detractors in this thread to dismiss this idea. Try sourcing those specific components on the internet - you will not find anything that even comes close.

The only issue for me is that the syringes can't be reused not because of their plastic quality but looks like the rubber thing is extremely soft and it almost shredded in two of mine so now I can't reuse any of them anyway.

I won't hesitate to pay extra if reusable syringes are provided instead of having to buy a new set every time you lube your cables. IMO, most of the motorcycle products that are out there can be reused.

Last edited:

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your orders and great feedback! This is fun for me and I'm glad that it's helping folks out.

I am still selling these by the way. Whether you're going to ride through winter or put your bike away till next year, don't forget to give your cable some love :BLAA:

The kits are still $10 USD per kit, and shipping is $2 for USA and $3 everywhere else per order. Send the money to [email protected] and I'll ship your kits right out :thumbup:

tlegend

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your orders and great feedback! This is fun for me and I'm glad that it's helping folks out.

I am still selling these by the way. Whether you're going to ride through winter or put your bike away till next year, don't forget to give your cable some love :BLAA:

The kits are still $10 USD per kit, and shipping is $2 for USA and $3 everywhere else per order. Send the money to [email protected] and I'll ship your kits right out :thumbup:

received it thx..

question for you, i have a 2008 and sometimes its hard to put her in first gear after coming to a stop light or stop sign, can this be lubed on the gears? if so where and how?

thx

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
received it thx..

question for you, i have a 2008 and sometimes its hard to put her in first gear after coming to a stop light or stop sign, can this be lubed on the gears? if so where and how?

thx

No problem!

As far as I know (and I'm no expert), there is no way to alleviate that problem by lubrication. It seems like these bikes just do that. There was a thread on this a while back and the most common "fix" for this was to shift into 1st before coming to a complete stop, like 10mph or so.

Steve'sFJR

Reaction score
Visit site

Sending $$$ shortly. Thanks!