Revolutionary new cable lubricator

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just send $10 for the kit plus $2 shipping and handling to [email protected] thru paypal, and I'll send a kit right out. Or PM me your email address and I can send you an invoice. Either way.

Hey Travis,

I'm too cheap to pay for shipping, just bring mine down when I see you in about six weeks. That's if you have room in your tank or saddle bag. You might consider bringing down some extras, I can predict you might even be able to sell them to the entire group to a point you might have wished you brought more down with you.

Better yet, just throw a bunch in John's (Lefty's) bag.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Travis,

I'm too cheap to pay for shipping, just bring mine down when I see you in about six weeks. That's if you have room in your tank or saddle bag. You might consider bringing down some extras, I can predict you might even be able to sell them to the entire group to a point you might have wished you brought more down with you.

Better yet, just throw a bunch in John's (Lefty's) bag.

Thanks Kenny, good call. I plan to bring enough to go around :rockon:

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
Used the cable lubricator on Friday and just wow was it easy. Took all of a minute to do and made a huge difference my lever is super smooth now. Chemiker Your the man for making these!!!:thumbup:

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Chemiker,

I just wanted to make sure you have more in stock before I sent you payment. Please let me know if not.

I'll be happy to see my money go to someone else with the sense to buy the unimaginably fast red bike.

Thanks.

Mike

Zargof

MSF Instructor
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought the cable lube kit, a while back and finally took the time to use it a week ago. All I have to say is my previous bike was so neglected. Thanks for making an awesome product.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Chemiker,

I just wanted to make sure you have more in stock before I sent you payment. Please let me know if not.

I'll be happy to see my money go to someone else with the sense to buy the unimaginably fast red bike.

Thanks.

Mike

Yes, I have plenty! Your kit will ship the day I receive your order.

PS they work 2x better on the red ones :thumbup:

FloppyRunner

Motorcycle Noooooooooooob
Reaction score
Visit site
Oddball anal-retentive question here... When lubing the clutch cable (from the hand pulled lever), does the oil go through the adjuster nut (the one almost right under the airbox) and come out by the clutch lever on the RH side of the bike (NOT the hand pulled lever, but the lever mechanism right by the actual clutch)?

I ask because I am currently using a spray lubricant of some sort that you point into one of those cable lubricator tools and it seems to work fine, right up until that adjuster nut. Then it sprays out everywhere and I don't think much actually makes it to the actual clutch lever mechanism on the RH side of the bike...

Hopefully that makes any sense...

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oddball anal-retentive question here... When lubing the clutch cable (from the hand pulled lever), does the oil go through the adjuster nut (the one almost right under the airbox) and come out by the clutch lever on the RH side of the bike (NOT the hand pulled lever, but the lever mechanism right by the actual clutch)?

I ask because I am currently using a spray lubricant of some sort that you point into one of those cable lubricator tools and it seems to work fine, right up until that adjuster nut. Then it sprays out everywhere and I don't think much actually makes it to the actual clutch lever mechanism on the RH side of the bike...

I've never taken that close of a look at the hidden part of the clutch cable to know the answer to that. If there is a break in the cable sheath, then the oil does have a place to escape.

What I do know is that I can see oil residue on the slave lever side, so I know it does wick down the entire length of the cable. Whether that's 100% of the oil I don't know.

I'm replacing my cables next week, so I imagine after that I'll have a better idea of how well they are lubed and if there are any problem areas.

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, I have plenty! Your kit will ship the day I receive your order.

PS they work 2x better on the red ones :thumbup:

Excellent. Order=placed. I'm in no particular rush, just wanted to make sure you still have some. I have a magical talent for finding stale threads. ;)

Thanks!

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Ok I finally got around to replacing my clutch cable last night, and the adjuster nut was dry and free of lube. Also, there was wet oil along the length of the cable, all the way to the other lumen by the motor side clutch lever. Hope this helps answer your question.

I would provide pictures, but some scumbags burglarized my house last week and stole my cameras.

FloppyRunner

Motorcycle Noooooooooooob
Reaction score
Visit site
That is great to hear. I don't know if most people realize this, but at least the stuff I was using I do not think was getting past the adjuster by the airbox. I'm currently using one of those clamp things that you stick on the end of the cable sleeve. It seems to work fine until that adjuster nut, but at that point I think it just sprays everywhere outside of the sleeve. This last time I actually took apart the adjuster and attached the clamp at that point and lubed the bottom half of the cable. It worked very nicely, but a LOT of work just to lube the clutch cable...(raise the fuel tank, remove air box, etc...)

I'd like one kit to try, please! I can see it being ESPECIALLY useful for the throttle cables...I still haven't found a good way to attach my "clamp" thing to them, so I'm looking forward to trying this.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That is great to hear. I don't know if most people realize this, but at least the stuff I was using I do not think was getting past the adjuster by the airbox. I'm currently using one of those clamp things that you stick on the end of the cable sleeve. It seems to work fine until that adjuster nut, but at that point I think it just sprays everywhere outside of the sleeve. This last time I actually took apart the adjuster and attached the clamp at that point and lubed the bottom half of the cable. It worked very nicely, but a LOT of work just to lube the clutch cable...(raise the fuel tank, remove air box, etc...)

I'd like one kit to try, please! I can see it being ESPECIALLY useful for the throttle cables...I still haven't found a good way to attach my "clamp" thing to them, so I'm looking forward to trying this.

Cool, I just got your order and your kit will ship tonight! I especially like it on the throttle cables. All you have to do is remove the plate that covers the cables, and inject the oil. And the throttle cable is where I really notice a difference after I lube. The throttle is just so smooth after that.

ChurchWVU

Reaction score
Visit site
Man, if I would have known you were a brewer I would have ordered a growler of some home brew to help me out while I worked on the bike. Oh well.

Thanks for the quick shipment of the kit, got the email today.

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey chemiker, question for ya. I received the kit and did the clutch cable no problem. All though it needs to be replaced i think because the rubber grommets on the lever end is torn to bits and its squeaking somewhere.

I took off the throttle cable under cover. I lubed the cable towards the headlight no problem, but the throttle cable on the seat side i could not get the injector to go down no matter how hard i tried. I ended up bending the injection tube pretty bad and gave up but for next time are there any tips to do this cable on an 05 fz6??

Anyways this was my first maintenance as a new rider for my bike. I love the bike so much more now that the clutch cable is freed :BLAA: