Review: Ebay Bar-Risers ($50.00)

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You are correct LOL. I must have missed that. It said the risers were machined from T6 aluminum and the bolts looked exactly like the metal on the risers so I naturally assumed. Does stainless steel look exactly like aluminum? Sorry for the nubber-ness.

There's different grades of stainless steel but it could look very similar, not a problem... :)

Kaisersoze

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally fixed clutch cable, woo hoo, and had a chance to ride bike with new risers. All I can say is that anyone who wants to take this mod off my bike will have to pry the risers from my cold dead hands :D. The bike feels completely different in a fantastic and confidence inspiring way. I feel way more comfortable and the feedback from the steering is awesome. I recommend this upgrade for any of the shorties out there who have trouble with leaning forward to reach controls or even if you can reach them you feel the pressure on your wrists from the angle you have to lean at to control bike. I thought I would have to change bar as well but I have no more pain in wrists and I can lock the wheels with key and turn handlebar end to end without hitting tank. However, one caveat is that you can no longer just slide the tank up if you are taking the bike apart because it will hit the risers. No biggie, but you have to remove all the screws holding tank and slide it back a little and then up. :thumbup:

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally fixed clutch cable, woo hoo, and had a chance to ride bike with new risers. All I can say is that anyone who wants to take this mod off my bike will have to pry the risers from my cold dead hands :D. The bike feels completely different in a fantastic and confidence inspiring way. I feel way more comfortable and the feedback from the steering is awesome. I recommend this upgrade for any of the shorties out there who have trouble with leaning forward to reach controls or even if you can reach them you feel the pressure on your wrists from the angle you have to lean at to control bike. I thought I would have to change bar as well but I have no more pain in wrists and I can lock the wheels with key and turn handlebar end to end without hitting tank. However, one caveat is that you can no longer just slide the tank up if you are taking the bike apart because it will hit the risers. No biggie, but you have to remove all the screws holding tank and slide it back a little and then up. :thumbup:

How tall are you??

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
hi guys,

i would like to do get this done on my bike, is this the kit you ordered?

1" Handlebar Risers Yamaha YZ450 YZ450F YZF450R FZ1 FZ6 | eBay

For me, this is the general site: Handlebar Risers Handlebar Accessories Custom Handlebars Motorcycle Handlebars Motorcycle Handlebar Accessories Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki - GenMar Mfg

I used the 1" up and 1" back. I initially tried just the 1" up and it wasn't enough for me (it helped, just not enough, I'm about 5'7"), the additional set backs were considerably better for me...

tlegend

Reaction score
Visit site

tlegend

Reaction score
Visit site
For me, this is the general site: Handlebar Risers Handlebar Accessories Custom Handlebars Motorcycle Handlebars Motorcycle Handlebar Accessories Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki - GenMar Mfg

I used the 1" up and 1" back. I initially tried just the 1" up and it wasn't enough for me (it helped, just not enough, I'm about 5'7"), the additional set backs were considerably better for me...

do i have to adjust cables on my 2008 fz6? also is it a pretty simple and easy install?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
do i have to adjust cables on my 2008 fz6? also is it a pretty simple and easy install?

The only problem I really had was the bracket that holds the stock brake line to the lower triple clamp. With that attached, it was really taught. I believe I may have cracked the brake cylinder line loose just enough to re-align the brake line slightly as well. I didn't have to bleed it either.

I initially removed or altered it (it isn't going anywhere) however I replaced all my brake lines with HEL SS lines and ordered slightly longer lines for the front.

There is enough electrical wires and cables without causing a problem.

I have a hook attached to the rafters in the garage for pulling car engines, so when I did the swap (by myself) I hooked the handlebars to some motorcycle tie downs and then to the hook to support the bars. Loosen/remove the bolts (with the bars hanging) and slip in the risers...

I've used this method on several of my customers bikes. Works very well at not damaging the fuel tank, etc..

Note: There is a bracket for a GPS at the top of the bar riser in the below picture..

Last edited:

tlegend

Reaction score
Visit site
The only problem I really had was the bracket that holds the stock brake line to the lower triple clamp. With that attached, it was really taught. I believe I may have cracked the brake cylinder line loose just enough to re-align the brake line slightly as well. I didn't have to bleed it either.

I initially removed or altered it (it isn't going anywhere) however I replaced all my brake lines with HEL SS lines and ordered slightly longer lines for the front.

There is enough electrical wires and cables without causing a problem.

I have a hook attached to the rafters in the garage for pulling car engines, so when I did the swap (by myself) I hooked the handlebars to some motorcycle tie downs and then to the hook to support the bars. Loosen/remove the bolts (with the bars hanging) and slip in the risers...

I've used this method on several of my customers bikes. Works very well at not damaging the fuel tank, etc..

Note: There is a bracket for a GPS at the top of the bar riser in the below picture..

do u have a abs model? seller of the ebay auction indicates it will not require cable adjustment unless u have abs version

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
i am confused a bit by your post, i have a stock bike with sock cables, do u think i will have to adjust cables if i install those?

The control cables are long enough. The electrical lines are long enough. The front brake line is long enough but you may have to loosen the retainer on the lower triple tree as that line does get tight.

My bike, like yours DOES NOT HAVE ABS (anti lock brake system). ABS was not available in the United States....

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
Pulled the trigger and bought these off eBay cause they seemed legit.

Can be found under title: "1" up 1.25" back Handlebar Risers Yamaha FZ1 FZ6"

They are available in Black and Silver.

Just received the hardware today so will give a review on installation and how it holds up under normal use.

First impressions:

They came nicely packaged and seemed well-made (came quick too, 3 day turn around). They are machined from aluminum and are pretty light but they scratch easily so I guess I have to coat them with something to stop that. I wish they felt more sturdy but i doubt that will effect performance, unless I drop the bike :jawdrop: which I dont plan on doin' any time soon.

I bought those one in black for my 6R. They're brand new, all I did is put them on the bike and try it out. (no riding, not even put all the bolts) It's just too much for my handlebars. If anyone is interested I would like to trade them in for 1" up only.

tlegend

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought those one in black for my 6R. They're brand new, all I did is put them on the bike and try it out. (no riding, not even put all the bolts) It's just too much for my handlebars. If anyone is interested I would like to trade them in for 1" up only.

darn, one day too late i already a set of 1" with 1.25 back from the ebay seller.

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Hey Marthy,

Which ones did you get? Do you still have them and want to trade? Would you trade for these:

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=180706005897

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tlegend

Reaction score
Visit site
i installed mine last night, the got a bit scratched up because i screwed and unscrewed them by different screws.

I tried installing the yamaha bar plate but did not feel right, i wanted more secure so i settled for stock screws and stock risers.

MAN it reminds me of my old Cruiser..... i love it :Flash::Flash::Flash::Flash::Flash: