Replace footpeg mount FZ6

morea311

Reaction score
Visit site
So I spent my summer working in Hawaii, and 4 days before getting home I get a phone call from a younger brother that began, "so I'm not quite sure how to tell you this..." My brother (never even sat on a bike before) then explained how he decided to take my 09 FZ6 out for a ride. Naturally the expected thing happened...He laid it down. Now I have a bike I have been missing for 4 solid months in need of some TLC. I need to know if there is any way to replace a broken footpeg mount. Since it is made of Aluminum, I'm not sure it is able to be simply welded back on. Has anyone else ever had to replace this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
i wouldnt weld it would still break after time (dont know if welding for alu exists) the part is not difficult to change you have to remove 3 hex head screws and the gear shift rod and it comes off

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes aluminum can be welded find a local fab shop and they should be able to weld that back up in no time for a little less then the new part is although the new part would be better

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Last edited: