Recomend Me A Gun

W

wrightme43

Taurus International Manufacturing Inc

Its 120$ high in stainless and 100$ high in blued.
Thats MSRP though, so you should be able to get down to maybe 50$ higher than you want.

It will last, and work well long after all of us are gone.

Here is a review.

Taurus PT 1911

Its pretty trick man. Forged not cast, match grade fitting, and just well made.
Down side they are hard to get ahold of.

99vengeur

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 billion for the Springfield Armory XD lineup!!

I have the XDM in .40 S&W and love it. It holds 16+1, has a 4.5" match-grade barrel, upgraded Trijicon night sights and kicks @$$ all around. The best part is that it has an added grip safety to prevent negligent discharges like the Glock people have trouble with. :Flip:

But seriously, the XDM is great. I really like the fact that I don't have to pull the trigger to field strip the pistol. This also prevents ND's. Also, there is a striker safety that keeps the striker from falling if it is droped or slammed around. Basically, it's almost impossible to have a ND unless you are holding the pistol firmly with a shooter's grip and pull the trigger. :thumbup:

Layne5150

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Hi-Point 9mm. Had some problems with Remington rounds jamming but bought some Black Hills Ammo 124 grain rounds and didn't have a problem after that. The only difference I noticed in the bullets themselves is the Black Hills type was slightly shorter when measured with a caliper compared to the Remingtons.

Other than that hiccup I've never had a problem with the Hi-Point. It's a great pistol to buy to get your feet wet. You might decide shooting isn't your thing and you'll only be out 160 bucks. (In my opinion) >The 9mm isn't as loud as the .40 and .45 either. You don't have to wear foamies and Mickey Mouse ears for hearing protection. Just one or the other.

I've shot about a thousand rounds thru it and the only bad thing that has happend was a friend cupped his left hand over the shooting hand and when he pulled the trigger the slide came back and tore a chunk of meat off the webbing between his thumb and index/pointy finger. He had been in the Military for 4 years so I thought he would know how to fire a pistola. Guess not.

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can vouch for the Taurus PT1911. I've pumped about 2000 rounds through mine in the last year and a half, using different kinds of ammo, and it has NEVER jammed.

skyjake

Reaction score
Visit site
I too am a Glock Fan. They have a great warranty. It will always hold it's value, but most guns do. Easy to break down and clean and the list goes on. I recommend Glock 9mm. Yes, you are going to pay probably a little over $500 but you have one of the best guns every make, of course that's IMO.