Rearsets Finally Powder Coated *PICS

Redhawk

2QuickFZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the comments everyone! I'm a clean freak when it comes to the bike and my car. Believe it or not I ride the bike alot. It has almost 4k miles on it. I just don't ride in the rain and I try and clean it often.

Powder coating is much more durable and less chip resistant then normal spray painting. And for $50, I couldn't pass it up.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Great work Redhawk!

You should send these pics to Yamaha along with a $50 invoice and ask "why the f*ck didn't you guys do this in the first place!".

I would HIGHLY recommend NOT spray painting anything that will receive lots of 'use'! Spray painting the levers and reart sets is a BAD idea!! These components see a lot of use and abuse and spary paint will not last! It will rub off on the levers and will easily scuff, chip and scratch on the rear sets. It might look nice right after you spary it, but within a week it will start to look like a$$.

Only way of painting that might give you some semi-peranent results would be to use automotive paint and clear coat it.

Stick with paying a few extra bucks and powder coat!!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As I was staring at RedHawk's beautiful FZ6 I noticed that he removed the Yamaha logo from the fuel tank too. It really makes for a super clean look. Also I noticed that you can really appreciate that amazing FZ frame even more. There are fewer shiny things to take your eye away from the frame and you can really see the details. DAMN that bike looks GOOD!

:thumbup: :cheer:

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd like to see some photos..especially because everyone is raving about them. My friend has his Rocket III powder coated and he keeps trying to get me to do some..so some ideas would be awesome. I am getting ready to replace my front cowling.. so now might be a good time to do something fun like this. :D

Thanks, hope you can post them again.

Deb