Rearsets Finally Powder Coated *PICS

Redhawk

2QuickFZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
Had the Rearsets & Clutch/Brake levers powdercoated black. Looks much better. Should have came from the factory this way. Visually I'm done with mods! But one last mod to come is a Power Commander which should be here within a few days.

RearsetsPowderCoat010.jpg

RearsetsPowderCoat006.jpg

RearsetsPowderCoat008.jpg

RearsetsPowderCoat005.jpg

RearsetsPowderCoat009.jpg

mglowe

Reaction score
mglowe.public.iastate.edu
Looks good!

I do have a question or two...

1) How was the bracket dampers [rubber] on the fwd pedal assemblies removed before the oven bake? The rear passenger pedals look like they just unscrew.

2) Did the control rod ball joint remained on during the process?

Redhawk

2QuickFZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good!

I do have a question or two...

1) How was the bracket dampers [rubber] on the fwd pedal assemblies removed before the oven bake? The rear passenger pedals look like they just unscrew.

2) Did the control rod ball joint remained on during the process?

I used a 14mm socket and pounded them out with a hammer. The control rod ball joint remained on because it actually did'nt get powdercoated. I did that myself with Rust oleum flat black. I could not get the ball joint off and I didn't want it to get baked after powdercoating. Other people have not been able to get theres off either. I played it safe and spray painted it.

aceman1741

Reaction score
Visit site
looks sweet! :thumbup: I too have a blue fz6. I like the look of the shocks. Have you thought of painting the rear hugger blue? I did over the weekend, looks great. I modified the hugger to look like boneman. Cut it bck some to expose more wheel...Anyways, good job , looks cool

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Niiiiiice!!! I liked the contrast of the rearsets and radiator gurards at first but the more pics I see like this the more I like the blacked out ones!

I know nothing about powder coating. I'm assuming from the parts that you had coated that it doesn't rub off like paint would. Is that correct? Is it permanent (ie impossible to rub off)?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That's one clean bike! Have you ridden it yet? I'm surprised that you still have the stock screen though. Anyway, looks great!

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
I know nothing about powder coating. I'm assuming from the parts that you had coated that it doesn't rub off like paint would. Is that correct? Is it permanent (ie impossible to rub off)?

It will not come off as easily as paint. It can scuff but it is much tougher than paint.