Rear suspention ajustsment

francky

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi

I'm going to let go my bike to my girlfriend, she's doing her trainning to ride one right now. only stuff is that she's kinda smaller than me and got little problem to hold the bike since it's still kinda high for her. She can hold it but she's on her toes. I heard about some rear supsention ajustement how we do so ?

Do I got to change the suspention ? or event the seat ?

any help would be appreciated

PS: also sorry for my bad english, this in't my first language. so ask me to rephrase if stuff sounds weird

thk

BusyWeb

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi
I heard about some rear supsention ajustement how we do so ?

Do I got to change the suspention ? or event the seat ?

Hi, Francky.
As long as I know, change suspension loading would not help the seat height ??
Easiest way is the carving out the seat form itself, or buy lowered seat??
Some one would help you out shortly, or search forum then you could see some results..

tomari

Just a custom user title!
Reaction score
Visit site
you can lower the front 10~15mm by raising the forks from the triple, you can shave our seat a bit, and order a lowering kit for the rear suspension for 150 or make your own for 5 everything is in this forum just search a bit. any extra info you need feel free to ask. i've done all these to mine except the seat shaving (no trust to my hands for this)

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
On her toes doesn't need to be a worry if she can learn to bring the bike to a stop toward one side and rest just on one foot. Otherwise I suggest the rear lowering link but it's a bit of a pain to install.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
On her toes doesn't need to be a worry if she can learn to bring the bike to a stop toward one side and rest just on one foot. Otherwise I suggest the rear lowering link but it's a bit of a pain to install.
+1 on that. Some of the MotoGP riders can't touch the ground - doesn't bother them :D

SilentG

Reaction score
Visit site
i had the same problem at first being a mere 5'5" but after a while i got used to it. besides you dont need to touch the floor with both feet. trust her to do it right herself, perhaps she might feel uneasy with you molly coddling her buddy. just my opinion being a female rider myself of course

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on that. Some of the MotoGP riders can't touch the ground - doesn't bother them :D

While I agree with you in principle (and practice - I'm 5'5" and have never lowered mine), MotoGP riders don't have to stop every block for red lights either. If all I had to do to get to and from work was tuck in and nail the gas, I could buy a GS1200.

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
Wouldn't lowering the rear shock preload setting have some effect on this? I would think you would be sacrificing some comfort while riding by taking some of the travel out, but I'm no expert. I do know that when I got my bike, the preload was set to 3. Being 6'4" and 280lbs, I was flat footing with both feet with a bend in my knees. I moved the preload to 6 (and have since taken it to 7) and that made quite a difference in the ride, and some difference to the seat height when sitting on the bike.

On a different note, it's interesting to see how the other side feels about bikes. Everything I get on feels pretty small, and I get annoyed that manufacturers seem to build everything for smaller people. But I always forget that there are people on the other end of the spectrum too. Moral of the story...damn you average people that don't have any difficulty finding things that fit!:Flip:

francky

Reaction score
Visit site
Well the think is that to my option she should be ok with it but she's new to this and she don't feel confortable with the heigh of the bike. SO I thought If it don't cost too much and also if it doen't alter driving then why not, it was more in that kinda way I though about it

but working the seat should be ok I guess. Since it seems a little bit more effort into converting the rear suppention.

but overall thks for the info

Francky an average man ;)

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site
There has to be some effect on height.. My 04 felt a lot lower than my 06 does.. OR maybe the 06 feels alot higher than the 04 :) Either way I think it has to do with the suspension settings, and since I have no idea what setting either bike was on, I base this on absolutely nothing :)