Rear shock setting

fzsnuh

Reaction score
Visit site
I have searched and read other threads but they did not answer my question. I was installing my FAZR6 fender eliminator today and decided I would like to stiffen up the rear suspension on the FZ. I have an 07 and haven't touched the preload adjustment yet. My question is this. Where do you look to find out what the current setting is? I looked towards the front of the bike and it was on 7. However when you look at it from the left side it appears that there is a notch on 3. I am clueless. I tried to turn the wrench to stiffen it up and it wouldn't move. I might need to use the extension. It did appear that it would turn to the left to soften it though.

I need help!!! :don'tknow:

Thanks.

Blackblood

OMG Wheelies!
Reaction score
www.quayvipersmcc.com
The notch will be on 3,this is default setting "medium" or such. The adjusting ring has 7 of these, 1 is softest and 7 hardest.Just adjust to preference

Anti-clockwise - Soften
Clockwise - Harden

Hope this helps :)

damnpoor

Reaction score
Visit site
When you're looking at the spring from the side of the bike there is a position indicator that will tell you what setting it's on. From the manual:

"Align the appropriate notch in the
adjusting ring with the position indicator
on the shock absorber."

fzsnuh

Reaction score
Visit site
I got it! I think it was because I didn't use the extender for the added torque earlier today. I went up to setting #6. I'm a big guy. I can't wait to test it out tomorrow.

Thanks again guys!! :thumbup: