Reading Posts With an Accent

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
We (English) struggle to understand the jocks. Have a listen to this fella - a programme which was really popular in the Uk but should have come with subtitles

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzQbmV-Og3M&feature=PlayList&p=304C5BADA1AEB9A1&index=0&playnext=1"]YouTube - Rab C Nesbitt: "Rat" - Series 1 Episode 2 (Part 1/3)[/ame]

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Fair dinkum this is one funny thread :D , ive just scoffed down a cuppla Dogs eyes with Dead Horse and now i'll sit 'ere and have and have a bit of a Chin wag with me little Crow eatin' mates :thumbup:...See on the news all the fella's and their Shark biccies lately , whats the go there ??? Think someone needs to have a Captain Cook at it ay :rof:

mogs08

Reaction score
Visit site
:surrender: And some of you think it`s difficult to hang on here?:confused:

Yes the thread is funny, I`v realy been thinking of " how does he/she sound like" because of the way you write some words/slang. And you don`t have to be from "downunder" to be difficult to understand. :D

Last edited:

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, I never realizedhow many of you guys take the regional diction out of your written posts!

I would probably be really surprised to hear some of you talk in real life, I wouldn't be expecting the accent! We all sound the same on the internet (until you go talking about your whistle and flute, and the like), but sometimes I find myself trying to do it to get a feel for certain posts.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:surrender: And some of you think it`s difficult to hang on here?:confused:

Yes the thread is funny, I`v realy been thinking of " how does he/she sound like" because of the way you write some words/slang. And you don`t have to be from "downunder" to be difficult to understand. :D

Wow, I never realizedhow many of you guys take the regional diction out of your written posts!

I would probably be really surprised to hear some of you talk in real life, I wouldn't be expecting the accent! We all sound the same on the internet (until you go talking about your whistle and flute, and the like), but sometimes I find myself trying to do it to get a feel for certain posts.

Would be cool if we could get something like Teamspeak set up in the forum so then we could hear each others voice :D

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwbUCI9bEvA"]YouTube - Home is where you make it[/ame] Heres a perfect example of Louisiana accent!!!.......Home is where you make it.......LOL :rof: (NSFW) mild laguage

Last edited:
J

jsteinb95

The only posts I read with an "accent" are Steve's (wrightme43) ....only because I've talked to him on the phone and he sounds like a redneck! LOL Sorry Steve..... still love ya though! :D

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
I will admit I read everyones posts with an accent. I don't have much if any accent of my own (I know because I sound like they do in the movies). About the only strange thing I do is try to drop in older catch phrases/words that are no longer popular words.

Two of my favorites I am trying to bring back are 'that is so boss' and 'nunchucks to your dome'. Try them out next time you are talking to someone.