reachn' out for help

xv920

Reaction score
Visit site
Are both carbs getting fuel? Follow each inlet from the carb bowl back up to the tank. Try each petc0ck to be sure both carbs are being supplied the same amount of fuel. Check the remaining two lines to see if there is any blockage. If it idles, it's getting a minimal amount of fuel but not enough to feed the carb bowls when you give it throttle.

Try what rvbiker states... take the air out of the equation and run it without the air filter or remove the snorkels from the carbs directly. Run it and try the throttle. If it still dies, you're starved for fuel and can focus on that.

come to find out i had one cylinder dead and the carb, arent getting the gas it should, so far thats what the bike is telling me. i put new plugs in it and new coils i can now rev her up to 25 grand befor she dies. now its time to do the carb. rebuild. thanks for all the help

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ah! Progress! That is awesome! I hope you're able to get her running close to 100%. That was a FINE bike in its day and can still put on a show today when she's in top form! Keep us informed!