Ram Mounts

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
What are the sleekest ways to attach ram mount to our bikes? Just got myself a TomTom and it comes with the reservoir mount, but it makes the GPS way too high and over bearing for my tastes. I'd rather getting it closer to the speedo. Btw, I have a naked bike so that does limit my options.

fz6 ram mount.jpg

Do you guys think this style would work with the 04-06 style bar clamps?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
For your bike, I would use the handle bar clamp on Ram and mount the GPS just closer to yourself.

Putting it elsewhere, ruins the clean look of the bike.

If your handy, get some spacers(maybe 3"), with longer bolts (TWO), and use them and a piece of aluminum
to REPLACE the two front TANK BOLTS.

The longer bolts/spacers and aluminum NOW give you a platform to mount your GPS to. Just check clearances between the tank
and the steering when drilling holes in the aluminum.
, etc

On mine, I tucked mine in (so I could still see dummy lights, HB indicator, etc) . I used a stem mount and made my own bracket from the stem
to the actual GPS mount:

If you want to hardwire (no plugs) your GPS to the bike, I have a custom made harness made up (converts 12 volts-battery) to 5 volts I had made up for my Garmin 2350(before I got the 590) PM me, its collecting dust... That rectangular thing is the voltage converter so you DON'T need a cigarette lighter plug/outlet, super clean install...

Last edited:

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
The gas tank bolt idea actually seems pretty decent to me, I'll have to look into that for sure!

The tomtom actually came with the required bits to hardware it to the bike, pretty similar looking to what you posted actually. I'll definitely be looking into where to wire that in at.