Raise Handlebars

SAFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Previous owner lowered the handlebars. Ive been riding it as is just to see if I like it. Now I would like to see what original setting will feel like. I can see that you can loosen with allen wrench. But what about where it connects at the fork. I'm a newbie so please excuse my ignorance. I think its been dropped a few inches from original location.
Thanks

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like someone added "clip on" handle bars to your bike if they attach directly to the fork tubes. The stock bar should bolt down to the upper triple clamp and Not even touch the forks.

The below pic is that of a standard upper triple clamp(where the tops of the forks attach).

You can see the add on risers/set backs I added (bracket in the middle is for the GPS) but the main upper triple is what came on your bike from the factory..

Last edited:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like someone added "clip on" handle bars to your bike if they attach directly to the fork tubes. The stock bar should bolt down to the upper triple clamp and Not even touch the forks.

The below pic is that of a standard upper triple clamp(where the tops of the forks attach).

You can see the add on risers/set backs I added (bracket in the middle is for the GPS) but the main upper triple is what came on your bike from the factory..

Hmm, if they did add clip ons then he's already halfway to the helibars...

But in the end it will depend how high he wants to go. Bar risers will push his bar higher than helibars. But I've only ever looked at helibars for R1's so I could be wrong.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As RRB stated, a pic would be nice to know what he's currently got...

My friend had the Heli bar upper triple clamp on his 07 FJR, very nice machine work, nice piece, not cheap either...

I tried just risers, they weren't enough for me and got the combo, risers/set backs...

SAFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea
I guess a picture would be good.
My concern is the connection in the ctr, just beneath the yamaha emblem. You can see the distance the bars have been lowered.
Thanks

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
All you have to do is loosen up the 2 pinch bolts (1 on each side) of the upper triple clamp and move the clamp back up to the correct position. Never did this before but thinking you would want to relieve the weight from the front fork first

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
All you have to do is loosen up the 2 pinch bolts (1 on each side) of the upper triple clamp and move the clamp back up to the correct position. Never did this before but thinking you would want to relieve the weight from the front fork first

You're right, but half way there.

There are 4 pinch bolts, one on each side of the upper triple clamp(silver) and one on each side of the lower triple clamp(black).

Put the bike up on the center stand, loosen the 4 pinch bolts and adjust forks where you want them. I kept them loose enough to move by hand and gently tapped up or down with a rubber mallet.

Retighten to spec and test ride:thumbup:

D

Dave.TX

The forks have been moved so the front end sits lower than stock, has nothing to do with the handlebars. Handlebars look stock.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on the above two posts. The bars look stock..

I would also suggest an auto sizzor jack (or something similar) with a 2x4 placed under the header, (on the centerstand) to get the front end up off the ground.

Once loosened, the forks are lowered back to stock (fork tubes even with the triple tree).

Torque for ALL four pinch bolts are 22ft lbs.

You may want to look at the kickstand too, they may have shortened it too (hopefully not). The bike will tilt over a little more as well when on the sidestand..

Last edited: