r6s header on fz6

j_rok-84

Reaction score
Visit site
i've been searching everywhere online to find something that will tell me if the r6s header will fit on my fz6...i know that i would have to do some fabricating but i really want to do side exit exhaust on my fz6...not really a fan of the under seat exhaust for one reason aftermarket is waaay too much $$$ and another reason is because it's too big and bulky looking. can anyone help me? all i wanna know is will the header mount to the cylinder head?

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
if your going to fab, why not just use the fz6 headers you have and fab off of them???

to answer your question, i assume you can mount the mounting point onto the block, but as for using the whole header, my guess would be no..

j_rok-84

Reaction score
Visit site
to LERecords: actually it does work. i did some research on here and found a post with photo and video. and i don't want to cut and stuff like that, that's why i don't want to use my stock header which i won't have to do with the r6s header. thanks for the input though.

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes R6s headers fit on the FZ6, I was the first to do it.

SH106133.jpg

SH106132.jpg

j_rok-84

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok to 4drfocus: WOW! That looks sweet! I want to do the r6 rear fender and swing arm too! Was that hard to do? Ok first of all though the r6s header does it matter what year header it is? Cuz I read somewhere that the 03-09 works but the prior years won't. I need pointers! Also do u have ur o2 sensor plugged in?

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
03'-05' R6 & 06'-11' R6s headers are the same, 99'-02' R6 headers will also fit.

99'-02' R6 & 04-09' FZ6 header and mid pipe are the same size (1.75 inch).

03'-05' R6 & 06'-11' R6s header and mid pipe are larger (2.00 inch).

The larger headers will improve the powerband above 8k rpm's, it will increase your fuel mileage aswell. You will need to have an O2 sensor bung welded on the headers, an exhaust shop welded me an O2 bung for $20. Both headers will cost about the same on Ebay, however 03'-05' R6 & 06'-11' R6s headers have a wider selection of mufflers.

j_rok-84

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey thanks a lot! I have a lot of questions is there a way for me to contact u other than on here? That way I won't have to wait so long for a response haha :)

discovery

Reaction score
Visit site
what year R6 header does fit to a 2007. FZ6-S2 ?

If 2006 onwards R6 headers fit withouth making it fit,or cutting it,ten i've got the solution to buy a full akrapovic exaust system for a 2006. r6 and fit it to my FZ6 :cheer:

thanks

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
what year R6 header does fit to a 2007. FZ6-S2 ?

If 2006 onwards R6 headers fit withouth making it fit,or cutting it,ten i've got the solution to buy a full akrapovic exaust system for a 2006. r6 and fit it to my FZ6 :cheer:

thanks

No, the Akrapovic full system is for the R6'r' not the R6's', R6r has a different engine,oilpan and mounting points, the R6r header kits may not fit under the FZ6 oilpan.

onyx_riddle

Reaction score
Visit site
DUDE! NO!!! I have been off and on working at my r1 tail swap and you totally dominate the fz6 tail swap!!!

Beautiful. I hope to start puttin up pictures of my baby eventually :).. its a little odd.. its an 07 r1 tail but Im using an fz6 taillight.. still has undertail exhaust but they are ebay ricer mufflers. crazy cheap, I know. but I have a very custom bike (project) and the most expensive part on it are my lower fairings that I dont even use.

BamBam77

Old but still riding
Reaction score
Visit site
DUDE! NO!!! I have been off and on working at my r1 tail swap and you totally dominate the fz6 tail swap!!!

Beautiful. I hope to start puttin up pictures of my baby eventually :).. its a little odd.. its an 07 r1 tail but Im using an fz6 taillight.. still has undertail exhaust but they are ebay ricer mufflers. crazy cheap, I know. but I have a very custom bike (project) and the most expensive part on it are my lower fairings that I dont even use.

:needpics:
PLEASE!!!