R6S Fork Adjustments

Hondo64d

Reaction score
Visit site
Just finished my R6S fork mod, and need detailed description on how to adjust preload, compression, and rebound. Does anyone have the service manual description?

Many thanks,

John

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
Front Spring preload 1-8 lines showing. 1 being max. standard is 7

Rebound 1-10 clicks. 1 being all the way turned in for max rebound. standard is 9 clicks out

compression 1-9 clicks. standard being 7 clicks out

once i set the preload right i increased the rebound and compression 2 clicks from standard since i weigh a little more than what yamaha sets the bikes up for. I weigh 205 and set rebound to 7 clicks out and compression at 5 clicks out. I really only rode it for a couple days before the end of the season so i can really comment on them. I also have the forks flush with the clamps.

Hondo64d

Reaction score
Visit site
When adjusting preload, is it necessary to loosen anything like the tripple clamp or the fork cap before turning the blue preload adjuster?

Thanks,

John

PC240005.jpg

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
No you don't.

I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to get the manual to you. I have it on my computer at work and haven't been in for a couple days cause of snow and then christmas.

I'll try and find the site I pulled it off for you.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Keep in mind, "standard" is with regard to the R6, not our bike. Decent base-line regardless.

Do you know how to set preload / measure sag?