R6 Headlight on FZ6

sQuijeW

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone put an R6 headlight on an FZ6 (streetfighter conversion) before or ever seen it done? Is this possible?

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a little confused as to your question. So you want an FZ6 that is a street fighter (ie: naked), but you want an R6 headlight? Do you know which year R6 headlight you'd like to use?

For the faired version of the FZ6, I have grafted an R6 set of projectors into the stock housing. If you do a search, you'll find the DIY guide I wrote up.

If you clarify what you mean to do, I'm sure I or someone else on here can help you out.

sQuijeW

Reaction score
Visit site
from what i have seen you can use a gixxxxah headlight for a streetfighter. i was just wondering if it would be possible to do the same, just with an r6 headlight setup on the FZ6N.

ie. use the following head light for a streetfighter conversion
$(KGrHqNHJCEE7y+LZ97+BP!HjJtf8g~~60_35.JPG
+
$(KGrHqJHJEcE-kKlrPEuBPq551USC!~~60_58.JPG

Last edited:

sQuijeW

Reaction score
Visit site
i think the 2006+ yzf R6's have the most wicked looking headlights on the market

i was just trying to imagine what the headlight would look like on an fz6n. not the whole front setup, just the projectors and headlight fairings. haven't seen anyone try to do it or anything of the sorts so i dont know what it really looks like. maybe it would look goofy, but idk so i ask

redoliander

Reaction score
Visit site
I was trying to mount the r6 light up to my bike. After making a custom mount and threw it on I thought it was too far out and not enough support for cross winds. Pulled it off and put the sv650 headlight back on and just bought a gsxr headlight. Just need to figure out how to mount it.

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
haven't seen anyone try to do it or anything of the sorts so i dont know what it really looks like. maybe it would look goofy, but idk so i ask

Here you can see a mock-up of a ducati 848/1098 headlight on an FZ6...
It might give you some impressions on wether you'd like your combination or not :)

Grtz,

Degake

sQuijeW

Reaction score
Visit site
I was trying to mount the r6 light up to my bike. After making a custom mount and threw it on I thought it was too far out and not enough support for cross winds. Pulled it off and put the sv650 headlight back on and just bought a gsxr headlight. Just need to figure out how to mount it.

how did it look?

When you say not enough support for cross winds, could you go into alittle more detail?

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
maybe something like this (attached)

and make a cool flyscreen (similar to the vs-2 kit) to cover the middle gap/speedo

Hmm, I think I've seen such headlight once...

1010059.jpg

It's called a FZ6 headlight :Flip:

:BLAA:

Grtz,

Degake

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I think it would end up resembling the new Striple and I hate the way they made the new ones look.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I think it would end up resembling the new Striple and I hate the way they made the new ones look.

A lot of people agree with you and are converting their new STriples back to the round headlights. Good thing is that they use the same H4 bulbs and the same mounting bracket, so it's an easy swap.

sQuijeW

Reaction score
Visit site
maybe something like this (attached)

and make a cool flyscreen (similar to the vs-2 kit) to cover the middle gap/speedo

is there anyone out there that would make a custom fairing for the headlights (if they are moved closer, like the attached pic), using the r6 headlight fairing as a basis?

perhaps, but i think not if the r6 headlight fairing is included. this is why i would like to it. the headlight fairing completes the look of the headlights... without it, it's nothing special.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe with the fairings, it might look good but then it would be pretty much back to the look of the fz6, just with a gap between the headlights. But everyone has their own taste and I can always respect the effort and work that goes into stuff like this though an would like to see the final product.