R1 Mirrors on my FZ6?

jcrawford

Reaction score
Visit site
I have heard that you can replace the factory FZ6 mirrors with mirrors from an R1 for a more sporty appearance. Has anyone else heard this or done it? If so, does anyone have pics? Any info would be appreciated!:thumbup:

blitzcraig

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would be most interested in this as well. I've been looking for a replacement of the stock mirrors... they kind of give the face a bit of a "Mickey Mouse" look I'm not crazy about. I'd like something more subtle, I really don't need/want that much mirror.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure about the R1 mirrors but I did fit the R6 mirrors on my bike. It's a direct bolt up and looks nicer than the stock ones.

I also noticed you get a somewhat better view of what's behind you with the R6 mirrors. This I think is largely because the R6 mirrors protrude more toward the side than upward (the stock ones look like antennas).

I know you are asking about the R1 mirrors so if anyone knows please give information.

Here is a link to the ones I have now.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00118661W/ref=oss_product]Amazon.com: 2003-2008 Yamaha YZF R6 R6S YZFR6 Black Racing Mirrors: Automotive[/ame]

For the price they work pretty well. I did notice more vibration showing in these mirrors than the stock ones but hey I am plenty used to it by now.. doesn't bother me one bit

TeacherJoe

Reaction score
Visit site
I have those same mirrors for sale in the 'Sale' section. They didn't make much of a differece in rear visibility - for me anyways. I listed for $15, but someone can offer me $10.

Joe