Quick tour of Ducati & Ferrari Museums

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
This summer, I visited the Ducati factory and museum (public tours are offered of both) in Bologna, Italy. No pics are allowed inside the factory but, here are a few museum photos.

I found the Ducati factory/museum tour just as fascinating as the Ferrari Museum (in the neaby city of Maranello)--pehaps more. If you're ever in the region, I recommend visiting both!

Employees who ride Ducati to work are allowed to park inside the compound (notice the pic is of Ducatis only). Employees of other makes have to park on the street!

Last edited:

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
There were several independent operators in the vicinitiy that offer patrons the chance to actually drive a late model Ferrari. But, this comes a price: 50-60 euros ($70-84 USD) for 10 minutes behind the wheel. NO THANK YOU!

Last edited:

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
That must've been so much fun! I now have my first two reasons to travel overseas. lol

Any more pics of that F40 by chance? :drool:

seb101

Reaction score
Visit site
I was at the museum/factory tour aswell but last year, back in the days when they were winning :p Imagine that in the same place Tailgate is standing next to v46 machine there was more succesfull 1198 standing there :D , with multistrada and monster next to it.
Anyways it's certainly worht to check it out when you're there, one of the most intresting bits i still remmember it fueling the bike for the very first time (they tunk up shell into them lol) and starting it for the very first time aswell and giving it a little run over the gears short after on dyno. The museum is spectacular aswell when you imagine they put up in there their racing bikes from each year, including all WSBK's and MotoGP bikes are on the reach of the hand, Stoners, Fogy's, Baylis, Hagas and so on!

Funny thing is that when i was there the tour guide, little blond italian lady was talking that they don't even mention VR name or 46 in the factory, as it was their enemy #1 back then lol

*Edit* You didn't take a photo of the info board above the inner parking space saying that it's for the emloyers who OWN Ducatis, the rest owning different brands can park outside ? lol