quick question

penguinbiker8

stuntin like my daddy
Reaction score
Visit site
can someone post a link/picture of what A cat elminator pipe looks like. i just need to look at one but cant seem to find any.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Go look at your bike...right next to the rear shock there is a bulge in your exhaust pipe...that is your cat. A cat eliminator pipe will replace the small section of your exhaust that contains the cat. It will be a smooth hollow pipe without the bulge.

Your new exhaust didn't come with one?
________
MuscleAmor cam

Last edited:

penguinbiker8

stuntin like my daddy
Reaction score
Visit site
thats what im trying to figure out. The directions are calling all these parts by different names and im almost positive i have the Cat Eliminator. is it just a small straight pipe deal? i was just looking for a picture to compare it to

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
look at the 2004 service maual on this site at pagr 3-35 no. 2 is the centre pipe with the cat, imagine it without the bulge no honeycomb inside.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
thats what im trying to figure out. The directions are calling all these parts by different names and im almost positive i have the Cat Eliminator. is it just a small straight pipe deal? i was just looking for a picture to compare it to

can you post a pic of what you have and then someone can tell you if that is it?

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
also, i am glad that you are going to try the exhaust yourself. You will be so proud of yourself when it is done, and your wallet will thank you too.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
also, i am glad that you are going to try the exhaust yourself. You will be so proud of yourself when it is done, and your wallet will thank you too.

+1 and when you see how easy it is you will become less anxious about takling(sp) future projects!

also maybe ask the manufacturer they usually have tech lines that can help (maybe e-mail you a pic of the pipe in question)

good luck!

penguinbiker8

stuntin like my daddy
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah, its just that i ordered the system off some website for dirt cheapand the instructions are super sketchy, and i dont have a camera or even know how to upload but my mom has one so ill use it soon. but yeah its gonna be a cake walk. i already built it on my floor a hundred times. now i just need to swap it out when it gets above freezing temp.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah, its just that i ordered the system off some website for dirt cheapand the instructions are super sketchy, and i dont have a camera or even know how to upload but my mom has one so ill use it soon. but yeah its gonna be a cake walk. i already built it on my floor a hundred times. now i just need to swap it out when it gets above freezing temp.

freezing, schmeezing. get a jacket and some gloves and get to work on that bad mama jamma!