Quick question about chains.....

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
G'day Guys and Gals,
I gave a quick question regarding my 520 conversion.

I'm putting a Vortex 17T, a Supersprox 46T and an RK GB520GXW chain on my Fizzer.

I'm going to have to get a chain breaker, to shorten the chain - and my question is whether I can reuse that link to re-join the chain at 118, or do I have to buy a specific joining link? (or master link, but I'd prefer to rivet)

As always, any and all advice most welcome!

Cheers,
Rick

P.S. Whilst we're on the topic, can anyone please confirm the socket size I will need to remove the front sprocket please?

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Let me know how it feels once your done I'm going to do the same but keep it a 530 and someone posted a part number for a 17t for an
Older fz600 that should also fit has the rubber dampener on it too :)

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes you will need some sort of connector link. The rivet type have indentions on them at allow it to mushroom out while the link that you will be removing will not.

thethendi

Reaction score
Visit site
The new chain should come with a master link. You might want to get an extra one or two anyway just in case you screw up the rivet on the first try...ask me how I know.

As for the front sprocket - I think it's either a 30 or 32 depending on the year (32 on the earlier models, 30 on the later models). When you put it back on, get a new lock washer, and use loctite.

Edit: some people have recommended replacing the nut also. http://www.600riders.com/forum/gara...procket-replacement-need-new-lock-washer.html (scroll down a bit)

Last edited: