Question of the Day 12/23/2007

H

HavBlue

In keeping with the fact the troops from many nations are away at Christmas I thought it fitting to offer a question that had an impact on what they’re doing, in terms of peace.

This American song was written by a world famous author at a time when the author was not well known at all. The group that first released this song did so a very short time before the author released his own version of the same song. Both versions are considered hits and each in their own way had an impact on people and war.

Who was the author, who was the group that released it first and what is the name of this song?

Note, from time to time this song has been sung to live audiences at Christmas. The lyrics to the song have a very strong meaning to many.

Good luck and a very Merry Christmas to you and your families...

W

wrightme43

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJQVlVHsFF8[/nomedia]

Greatest song EVA!!

See I knew this one.

H

HavBlue

Nice try Wrightme.

Second hint, the group that sang the song would later go on to become world famous with a little Magic.......

H

HavBlue

The correct answers have been given by Calirider.......

A young Bob Dylan wrote this song at a time when the United States was involved in the Vietnam War. At the time he wasn't well known at all. The folk trio of Peter, Paul and Mary were first to release the song and weeks later Dylan would offer his own version. Both became hits. The lyrics, considered by many to be a protest to war have passed the test of time and their meaning remains appropriate today. Below are the lyrics to "Blowin in the wind," a song of peace for all.......

How many roads must a man walk down
before you call him a man?
Yes, 'n' how many seas must a white dove sail
before she sleeps in the sand?
Yes, 'n' how many times must the cannon balls fly
before they're forever banned?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind,
the answer is blowin' in the wind.

How many times must a man look up
before he can see the sky?
Yes, 'n' how many ears must one man have
before he can hear people cry?